one pic. thoughts pleaseeeeeee!

score04w

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Long story short. Girl that is in the pic really likes the pic as is. For a gift I want to blow it up and frame it for her. While I like the original, does anyone have any ideas on how to make it better or should i leave it as is? C&C PLEASE!

5056001370_7e97d5dd1c.jpg

i have a couple more of her up on my flickr if anybody wants to take a look and see if there are others that I should print for her. Address is here

Last edited:
Long story short. Girl that is in the pic really likes the pic as is. For a gift I want to blow it up and frame it for her. While I like the original, does anyone have any ideas on how to make it better or should i leave it as is? C&C PLEASE!

5056001370_7e97d5dd1c.jpg

i have a couple more of her up on my flickr if anybody wants to take a look and see if there are others that I should print for her. Address is here

From first glance it appears a little dark, but it is a fun pic. Good Job!!

The photo doesnt tell me anything. Plus I cant see anything but the background.

Look like you were walking and the camera went off. I am just not seeing it, I would have deleted it. What is there to improve? You are looking at the back of a girls head walking away from the camera towards an intersection in the early evening with a sky thats blown out.

"good job"? Seriously?

There's no real interest, the background is severely muddled and the only thing we can really see, the silhouette is mostly unrecognizable except for being vaguely female.

This kind of effect CAN work, but does not in this particular case IMO.

If she enjoys the shot, great. Whatever makes her happy, but I think there is quite a lot you could have improved on.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm partly overcompensating for the "good job".

Well, she's facing away from you and silhouetted - so she's not really recognizable. It looks like a random 'street' shot taken from the hip and I'm not really getting the message in it?

You have a friend who's female and doesn't mind being in your pictures.. take a reflector and go somewhere with her to practice, that's what I'd do. I'd make the pictures a little less ambiguous too and maybe tell her to face the camera.

"good job"? Seriously?

I think he's a spammer for a log cabin rental company..

"good job"? Seriously?

There's no real interest, the background is severely muddled and the only thing we can really see, the silhouette is mostly unrecognizable except for being vaguely female.

This kind of effect CAN work, but does not in this particular case IMO.

If she enjoys the shot, great. Whatever makes her happy, but I think there is quite a lot you could have improved on.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm partly overcompensating for the "good job".

+1

Doesn't do anything for me. Too dark and lacks interest. If you had gotten more light around her silhouette, this would have been much better. Better luck next time.

dark.
eh.
not gettin it.

needs to be lighter man! i was bored so I did this!

5057761238_fd25b6f154_b.jpg

That edit is better, but for the future (OP!) you should try and shoot at an exposure at which you can still have detail conservation.

You'd be amazed at what photos people like when they're not in the photography field or know any better. There's those people who think the higher the contrast the better. And when you blow up images and give them to people: others are going to see it and someone who actually knows what they're talking about might say 'hey, that's way too dark..what was that guy thinking?' or 'hey, there's no substance to this photograph'..and that's what they'll associate you with.

Think of what you're putting your name on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back