One quick baby pic...

N'Kolor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well my wife's best friend had her baby yesterday and she is already home doing well. I just got my new Canon 40D and I took it straight to her house to see what I could do with it. I am still learning the camera and the lighting was difficult to deal with in their house but either way, let me know what you think.

bailey02je0.jpg

What a cute chubby face!!
For me the image doesn't quite work for a few reasons.
1. I would probably recompose this pic to either lose some of the space at the top of the head and make it more of a close up or angle your camera down a bit more to make it a 3/4 length shot, it is kind of in the middle.
2. I don't know how fast your lens is but I would have it open as wide as it can go and then pick a shutter speed that lets you still hand hold without camera shake issues, no slower than 1/50 sec at the MOST! (I'm sure you probably did this)
3. Then when you take this image to photoshop you need to bring your levels up and maybe add a bit of contrast with your curves,there is a lot more you can do but this is a good place to start; it is a bit too muddy and grey for me, but you are on the right track.
I hope you don't mind my critique and remember this is only my opinion. thanks for posting I look forward to your next post. :lovey:

If anything, I APPRECIATE your critique! I am new to photography (2-3 months) so I know most of my replies will be constructive.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back