One sunny day!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The day before yesterday was the one and only sunny day we had in a long while.
And while others (like very good photographers in Canada!) then go out and take brilliant close-ups of birds, all I get are icy patches in meadows or dead trees :roll:

125336027.jpg

125336025.jpg

125336029.jpg

125336028.jpg

My attempts to photograph the bussard result in "quality photography" such as this one (cough-cough):

125336030.jpg

Other than that, I came past what I now take as the Crow Convention Centre (remember my pics of the New Year's Eve Crow Convention? No? Here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38246), but security was still so strict, they would not let me get any closer:

125336031.jpg

Though upon closer look at WHO was sitting in that tree there, I wish I had had the time to explore --- those are NOT crows!!!!!

125337044.jpg

125336033.jpg

*sigh* for all I know, you took those shots in the park four minutes from my home. Good on you for getting out there and trying to squeeze some shots out of the sun! I'm still waiting for a drop of light here in Chicago. My camera's at my side and I keep looking out the window, but alas...:grumpy:

I like your shots of hte trees with the vultures in them. Very gloomy!

What a refreshing site LaFoto. As I look out the window right now, the scenery looks like a black and white photo, and the only sign of colour is a green roof!
The first is very nice with the frost covered reeds/grass (?), and your buzzard/hawk shot looks like a distant panning :)

Annika, this is no park, this is the countryside that surrounds me north, east, south and west. Wherever I go, it will always look like this. :D

And I sure doubt the big birds on that tree are vultures. Would be a first for Germany to have wild vultures. Anyhow, I wish I had had the time to walk across that crow infested meadow to get close to that tree and find out what they were!

And yes, Peanuts, the bussard is no more than a distant panning ... they just would not let me get any nearer to them and whooosh, they fly away. Not like those that Raymond finds or so... noooooo. Not with me!

Hmph :grumpy:

If Raymond and Daisy make it to DC, just think how much fun it will be to watch him in action, LaFoto! :D

I love the area you live in, it's beautiful and restful just to look at these! :thumbup:

Cool shot LaFoto....and ya got blue sky and a crow convention. Right on.
I have seen Airic, Raymond and Canoncan in action, taking shots. It is a sight to see. They look like a fireing squad, all pointing at the same thing.

Lafoto, you need to spend some time training the birds, see in Canada we have them well trained. I like your Murder of Crows, which is the official term for a group of crows. Want to take a stab at what you call a group of Vultures? PS I do know the answer.

We do have special opprotunities here, and the birds seem to be very tame and friendly in many cases, which makes life easy., although some birds are very difficult to get near. It just takes a lot of practice,., and some info sharing too! We hope to make it to DC, If Daisy's visa is raeady by then.

Looks so much like Canada there LaFoto, and those birds could be what we call Cormorants, but I am not sure.

thanks for the kind words!

I think the weathermen spoke of "sunny patches" for today and tomorrow, too, and I am thinking of going back to this spot and take the time to walk across this "murderous" meadow (-> murder of crows!) towards that tree there to find out what birds there are. Cormorans ... do they come this far inland? Would be worthwhile finding out!

Their shape does look like cormorants, but I have no idea if they come so far from the coast. LaFoto, I am going to post my feeble attempts at bird photography for you so you don't feel so bad - but they will have to go in snapshots :blushing:

That's a lovely tree, I love deciduous tree shapes in winter :)

Great job with the photos.. My favorite is the last.. It has a quiet relaxing feel to it.. The colors are also just an eye catcher..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back