• longer

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emile Vermeulen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
foto7.png

The waterfall where one year before I proposed to my wife on our holiday in Norway. :lol: :heart: :lol:

Image had nog been edited or cut.

Norway, Amotan (Oppdal)
Nikon F100 + MB15
Nikkor 18-35 with polariser and ND 4x filter
Manfrotto tripod 055MB w. ball head
3 seconds at F22 on Fuji Pro 160C

Hey Emile, and welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D
Lovely place to propose.
I am glad to hear that the waterfall is still there - and I assume your wife still is, too ;).
I like the long exposure on the water, making it all silky.
And I love the green patches on and between the rocks (others will think: "of course!" ;)).

I'm torn between the two parts of this picture, the top is not all that interesting and nice to look at for me, but the bottom with the rocks in the water and the nice colours just looks amazing...

The top would be way better if the sky wasn't blown out.. Still really awesome though..

Is it just me or have you given the EXIF data in your post, then asked us to guess which exposure you used? Or was the poll for something else?

I voted for 1-3 seconds, because I guessed 3 seconds.. but I could have voted for 3-10 seconds and still have though 3 seconds.

Hmmm. This image is kind of mind boggleing. One would think the water in the foreground should be flowing AWAY from the waterfall. Am I right in assuming this? But... it is flowing TOWARDS the falls. How was this area set up? Is this a different stream? Maybe a huge bend in the river somewhere off screen?

Doug Raflik
[email protected]

A very sharp observation WXnut!

Your assumption is correct and part of the 'trickery' in the image. The flow is actually going downhill a bit and passing the fall in front.

Most reactions

Back