Online Courses

bullshark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering what some of your thoughts about online photog classes.. I have seen them advertised, some even on this site but I'm very skeptical of online courses. Can anyone share any experiences with this type of course?

I don't know anything about the site you said but, this site here is where I started just bout 3 months ago now. It tought me everthing that I can now understand more of what I am doing when taking a picture.

http://www.shortcourses.com/use/

Maybe that will help a little.

I take at least one or two online courses a semester. Granted they aren't photography related courses but if they didn't count towards my degree I wouldn't pay to take them. I feel that most of what I learned I could've taught myself just as easily through library books or the vast amount of resources online.

I feel that most of what I learned I could've taught myself just as easily through library books or the vast amount of resources online.

I feel 100% the same.

Photography has some tremendous resources online and in books... and if one is motivated and willing to take responsability for one's own edification, it is VERY possible to meet educational levels alone and for a way lower cost than via online courses.

Unless you are purposefully looking for a BA in photography, I would suggest the cheaper and as equally effecitive self-teaching method over paying for online courses.

Thanks for the input everyone.. The classes wouldnt be part of a degree program, just to get some formal ed in my hobby. I have been reading books, and going on here and various websites and it has all been working great.. Maybe I'll just stick to this self teaching method for a while..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back