Online Photog Courses?

Pixie42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quite simply, are they worth it?

I need to learn the basics, but can't seem to find a way to do it. All the courses in my area are creative courses... I am pretty creative, and have a natural eye for good picture comp, but I just need to learn more about the technical aspects of the camera itself, aperture, shutter, etc etc!

I found an online course for $800 bucks, WHOA, and I'm just wondering if these really work and will I learn something?

I do eventually want to be a pro photog, I'm just struggling with how to start. I still have to buy a cam, my point and shoot has served me well, but time to move on to bigger and better things.

hp web site has a free online course so give that a shot. and 2 books I seen that are good and have helped me are Understanding Exposure and The Digital Photography Book.

hp web site has a free online course so give that a shot. and 2 books I seen that are good and have helped me are Understanding Exposure and The Digital Photography Book.

I'm actually considering buying that book from Amazon, funny you mentioned it! Maybe I should go ahead and buy it and just spend the $800 on a cam.

Quite simply, are they worth it?

I need to learn the basics, but can't seem to find a way to do it. All the courses in my area are creative courses... I am pretty creative, and have a natural eye for good picture comp, but I just need to learn more about the technical aspects of the camera itself, aperture, shutter, etc etc!

I found an online course for $800 bucks, WHOA, and I'm just wondering if these really work and will I learn something?

I do eventually want to be a pro photog, I'm just struggling with how to start. I still have to buy a cam, my point and shoot has served me well, but time to move on to bigger and better things.

I found this quite helpful - informative and free....

http://www.morguefile.com/archive/c...11f8edd&MORGUEFILE=l7qmcr09f30no58gd98qa1u8r6

Haha thanks for making this topic, it helped me a lot too as I'm finding a good site too! Now I'm done finding!

Most reactions

Back