Online photography courses?

Aakajx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to become a qualified photographer. I do enjoy just having fun and learning but it would be nice eventually to be able to be qualified and make a living out of it.

what do you think about online courses?

I'm not sure there is such a thing mate. And the photography business is very difficult to make a living at too in the current climate. Hats off to the guys that do it successfully these days.

I've looked into a couple of courses online but most seem to be a waste of time to me. If I was going to do one personally I'd probably opt for a university degree in arts or photography as opposed to a made up online course. I'd at least look into what courses may lead to a qualification that would actually be recognised (in the UK we've higher national qualifications that are recognised in many fields across the country). Of course I don't know how usefull these would be in actually getting a job in photography but there seems to be a lot of unrecognised, unacredited stuff out there which is just a way to get your cash.

Mibbies some of the pros could give better guidance.

Yeh well I'm a mother of four so something like photography would be ok for me. Worded that wrong lol. Yeah I wasn't sure if most of the courses where a crock of s/it or if they where worth doing. I live in a small town. Nearest place that does photography at collages is 2 1/2 hours away so it's hard.

There are a number of online courses that can teach you the basics of exposure, composition, color theory, etc. -- just use your favorite search engine. If you want to make a living at it, you would want to put a high priority on courses in business management and marketing.

Good luck.

Thank you everyone :) yeah I've looked at open colleges. I Might just do that. There a lady that does photography here that's going to help me to. But ATM this forum has helped heaps. Thanks snow bear. That's a good idea to :) I'll have to do that aswell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back