Online Proofing, Ordering and Payments

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im just curious to know how everyone handles their orders, at the moment Im looking into either building an e-commerce storefront onto my site, or going with a 3rd party site to do this for me.

What I want to know is who your using, what the cost is, and what kind of services they offer. Do they handle credit card payments? Do you have to use their perferred printer?

At the moment all Im doing is making online galleries for proofing on my site, and numbering the images, and sending clients order forms for them to email back to me, but Im wondering if theres an easier way to do this.

Thanks in advance :)

Karalee said:
Im just curious to know how everyone handles their orders, at the moment Im looking into either building an e-commerce storefront onto my site, or going with a 3rd party site to do this for me.

What I want to know is who your using, what the cost is, and what kind of services they offer. Do they handle credit card payments? Do you have to use their perferred printer?

At the moment all Im doing is making online galleries for proofing on my site, and numbering the images, and sending clients order forms for them to email back to me, but Im wondering if theres an easier way to do this.

Thanks in advance :)

Have you checked out collages.net ?
I have just signed up with them. lowest cost is 9$ per wedding , they are easy to work with, and you can use any printer you want.

b

Karalee said:

So far, I do the same. You open a whole new can of worms if you begin storing credit card numbers on your system.... auditing and fees. I THINK a 3rd party approach will take care of that.

I know Alison is selling online. I'm sure she'll be around shortly.

Pete

Collages.net.

Email them. They'll send you the price list.

Christie Photo said:
You open a whole new can of worms if you begin storing credit card numbers on your system.... auditing and fees. I THINK a 3rd party approach will take care of that.

Thats where the hesitation lies for me, I dont want to be responsible for those kinds of things. Although Im not too hot on places that (a) want to use their own printers and (b) want 15%, send collages an email ;)

I use morephotos.com. I pay a monthy fee $45 (I think?). I use my own printer and they don't take any percentage of the order. They also have contracts with a lot of other vendors that compliment photography so you can offer specialty items like mugs, t-shirts, etc if you so desire. Credit cards are accepted and I use ProPay to process them.

ETA: This is Alison, I can't get Aubrey's computer to log him out :lol:

Oh Oh Oh.... I forgot.... I just got a call about this from one of my vendors. It sounded like a good deal, in that the expense is up front with a monthly fee and NO percentage. It's the same folks at Hollywood FotoFix. Good people.

Karalee said:
I like the sound of that a lot. What do you mean when you say you use propay to process Alison?

Morephotos collects the credit card numbers and other pertinant data and then I just input that into ProPay.com and it actually does process the credit card for me and then I transfer the money to my business account. Propay does take a fee for the transaction, but it's not much and I've found that offering the ability to pay by credit card has increased the average amount of my sales.

Morephotos has given great customer service and the only time I had a problem they fixed it the same day and apologized :)

Kara, I decided to take a different route. I use Photo Cart by Pictures Pro. The software runs on my own web server and PayPal handles all my credit card transactions. The price of the software is $200 but it pay’s itself off with a couple of large orders.
I looked into those other online services but the commission fee’s are to high, that is why I went with Pictures Pro, I only pay 2% commission to paypal.

You can check out my photo cart here.
http://photographybychristos.com/photocart/

Now the disclaimer, I’m not affiliated with nor have any interest in Pictures Pro. I’m just a very happy customer.

Chris

I use Collages. It's great for massive orders (weddings). The customer orders, pays, I hit a button, and blammo, it's all done on my end. Collages sends money to my credit card.

elsaspet said:
I use Collages. It's great for massive orders (weddings). The customer orders, pays, I hit a button, and blammo, it's all done on my end. Collages sends money to my credit card.
Do you use their printers as well?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back