Online Sales...

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Who's using what for online sales?

I don't mean selling through your website but, rather, through a third party site like SmugMug.

I'm using Fine Art America and, generally speaking, I'm happy with them. All I have to do is upload the images and set the prices, and they do everything else. On the 15th of this month, they'll be mailing me a check for about $480.00. Granted, not every month was as good as February, but it's still generating a little bit of cash here and there, and for seemingly very little work on my part. Hell, I'd have edited all those pictures anyway, so why not make a few bucks?

So, who ya' using?

Never heard of the service you are using, but I personally chose Zenfolio. It was the best / cheapest at the time for sales. I think smug mug was pretty good but they drastically raised their prices recently. I dont know why these sites want to charge a huge yearly fee for the ability to sell photos they take a comission on.

Never heard of the service you are using, but I personally chose Zenfolio. It was the best / cheapest at the time for sales. I think smug mug was pretty good but they drastically raised their prices recently. I dont know why these sites want to charge a huge yearly fee for the ability to sell photos they take a comission on.

That's one of the things I like about Fine Art America. It costs nothing to join. I've sold a few prints here and there, and just random stuff like a race car at Daytona or the "Three Sisters" outside Canmore, Alberta. Then all of a sudden, I'll get hit with a huge order, which is what happened in February. Like most (if not all) of the others, they handle all of the printing and shipping. The quality is excellent.

Another thing I like is, when you upload a photo, it allows you to announce it on your Facebook page, as well. Hell, the way I figure it, if I can convince every one of my Facebook friends to spend just $20.00, I'll be rollin' in it.

Steve5D,
I sell on Art.com/posters.com/artistrising. Nice residual money. I have stuff on FAA, redbubble, and imagekind, but it does not seem to move very well. Ebay has been better then the last 3 to date.
before people chime in about art.com. I have been mailed a check every month since 2005. the real sales come from the direct inquiries from the site. I'm coming up on almost 1,000 prints sales from direct inquiries.
Are you marketing your FAA site? If so, how may I ask?

Who's using what for online sales?

I don't mean selling through your website but, rather, through a third party site like SmugMug.

I'm using Fine Art America and, generally speaking, I'm happy with them. All I have to do is upload the images and set the prices, and they do everything else. On the 15th of this month, they'll be mailing me a check for about $480.00. Granted, not every month was as good as February, but it's still generating a little bit of cash here and there, and for seemingly very little work on my part. Hell, I'd have edited all those pictures anyway, so why not make a few bucks?

So, who ya' using?
I have things in FAA but haven't sold squat. Probably the genres, so I'll have to rethink what's in there. I do much much better in art fairs.

Steve5D,
I sell on Art.com/posters.com/artistrising. Nice residual money. I have stuff on FAA, redbubble, and imagekind, but it does not seem to move very well. Ebay has been better then the last 3 to date.

So you're just putting prints up in eBay?

Huh...

before people chime in about art.com. I have been mailed a check every month since 2005. the real sales come from the direct inquiries from the site. I'm coming up on almost 1,000 prints sales from direct inquiries.

Now you're talkin' in my good ear...

I'm really not, and I probably should. The only time it ever gets any play is when I upload something and the upload is announced on Facebook...

Steve5d,

Actually it is GOOD to hear that you do not promote FAA and make money. I don't spend a second promoting Art.com. I want to be a photographer, not a marketer ( even though I am a Marketer when I am not shooting) I want FAA to market. so that is good news.

Ebay, you won't get the moon for your work, so mostly things under $300 seem to work, but that is me, No data saying you can't get more.

interior designers use Art.com/artistrising as a place to send clients to get ideas. I am working now with a designer who wants a 36 inch metal print for their clients boardroom.... through AR.
To be clear, I have a smidge over 1600 sold through AR the other 1,000 is all off their books, I've done some hotels and corporate, but the numbers are possible for others. My work has plenty of room for improvement.

Now you're talkin' in my good ear...

I'm really not, and I probably should. The only time it ever gets any play is when I upload something and the upload is announced on Facebook...[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back