online sharing lake powell and one dog

hawee99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I am looking for a good website for sharing a vacation with a group of people. We all went on a trip to Lake Powell and would like to post all the pictures online. I have done this in the past with photobucket. However, when others view the thousands of pictures we have, they have to individually download each picture to their computer. That takes a lot of time! I am hoping to find an online sharing site that allows them to bulk download, or at least download more than one at a time. Does that make sense?

Here are a few pics from the trip with my point and shoot. Thats all I had room for. not that I am good with my SLR. Just wanted something for you all to look at instead of text and a stupid question. =-)

powell2.jpg

powell3.jpg

powell4.jpg

haha first time in the water for this pup, looks like shes smokin a cigar

powell1.jpg

anyway lake powell and goblin valley are highly recommended!

having multiples of the same thread is frowned upon.:thumbdown:

i cant think of anyplace to download in bulk, but one thing you could do is zip them all up with winzip or 7zip (i prefer 7zip as the compression settings seem much better), then post up the .zip file onto rapidshare or megaupload or something.

hahaha sorrrrry. you know I don't post on here very often. I'm just not a big forum user. I figured it was "frowned upon" to only come on here every now and then and just ask questions. So I decided to add a few pictures just to try and contribute some. I know they are not amazing pics like to 800+ posters can create, but I thought it would be nice to have SOMETHING, instead of a question. But no, I still get some snotty remark and some stupid cute little thumbs down thing. Not one comment like "hey cute dog" or something. So thanks for your advice at the end and keeping my faith alive that most forums are elite and stuck up, especially this one :thumbup:

:lmao: you gonna be ok?

i advised you of something that is pretty basic common sense.

but did i leave it at that?...nope. i offered you an answer to your question.
did you ask for C&C? nope. it was nice to have something other than a question though. without asking for C&C, no one is likely to comment on mediocre snaps in the "beyond the basics" section.

wipe your tears.
take some pics.
relax.

hahahah well put. exactly what im talking about. and i did say thanks for the advice. and i didn't expect anyone for C&C. But I would expect someone to say something nice instead of negative. Again, what is common sense to you sweet forum users may not be common sense to me. As stated earlier I don't use them very often. AND I'm not even talking about this one post, just alot of times of asked questions every now and then on here. Like if it a simple question, "Try google man, we've talked about that so much on here already" Well what is the point of this place then...

Last edited:
if using photobucket and putting the pictures in an appropriately named folder not sure you could find a faster host for viewing mass pictures. their slide show option sucks so as long as you stay out of that you should be good.

btw: chill out just a tad, it appears he answered your question all while trying to keep the forum from being cluttered with repeated nonsense is all.

good luck with your mass upload search

Bill

hey cute dog.

Over and above the fact that in the description of this section AND at the top of EVERY page in this section reads:

"Beyond the Basics Have you been at photography for awhile? This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls! "

Please, let's try to post the right kind of posts in the right sections.

The zip and upload/download option sounds like your best bet.

If you want your audience to get the pictures in bulk then the fact that the files happen to be photo's is really neither here nor there.

It is a cute dog.

Has he got a life jacket on?

If so it's a complete waste of time. Dogs naturally float with their heads out of the water. :)

hey cute dog.

hahaha nice. thanks

"Beyond the Basics Have you been at photography for awhile?"
thanks for reiterating my point

yea i realized i posted it in the wrong section. I was loaded and didn't know if I could move it or not. After that I was just in the mood to talk some smack. Thanks for reciprocating :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I love those things!!!!

yep, doggie life vest, it was awesome, we could just float around and no one would get tired.

I will probably try the zip method. I'm just worried everybody might not figure it out. As they ARE new to photography. So I will make them feel bad for that, and then see if they are on board. hahaha

For the bulk upload, and for excellent print quality, I like winkflash.com

Nice shots. ESPECIALLY nice, hearing that they're from a point & shoot.

What model was it? I guess it had a pretty good zoom to get in nice & close for the swimming shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back