Open Shutter (my take at it)

JESWAW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a newbie realizing my digital camera has the options to leave the shutter open, i decided to go to town and try it out...Okay, let me clearify before you go all crazy...THIS WAS W/O A TRIPOD!! repeat, w/o a tripod. I was holding these in my hand so they're not perfect

But here they are. A shot of my friends Camaro in my Downtown

Camera
Kodak V-570
ISO-Auto (camera wouldnt let me change it)
LT- 8 Seconds (most the camera would do)
5.0MP

Best one, but has hardly any traffic :confused: Cant win worth losing
100_3793.jpg

Ok, what went wrong with this one was that there was old people starring at me, so they went REALLY slow..And my shutter can only stay open for 8 seconds...So it actually almost picked up the car towards the right side of the photo (showing how slow they were moving)
100_3789.jpg

A little bright but i still like it
100_3784.jpg

Another good one (in my opinion)
100_3761.jpg

I like the idea with 3 actually and those are pretty clear for holding the camera for 8 seconds but nothing amazing. Get a tripod and find some better spots!

I like the idea with 3 actually and those are pretty clear for holding the camera for 8 seconds but nothing amazing. Get a tripod and find some better spots!

thanks...yea, these were pratice shots. And I had a couple that were bad. Im just now learning about ISO, Apperature, and Shutter Speed. I used to shoot all of my pics on auto. But my little P&S Kodak has a lot of options i didnt know about

get a cheap ole tripod, anyhting will do for some fun nighttime photography. this is great to broaden your horizons. these are deffinately not snapshots now, and I like them. I've been wanted to do light trails for so long, but I haven't had a chance to go out!

Watch out for the over-exposure.

agreed. and i like the idea of the 3rd one alot.. and number 4 kinda looks like a hdr.. nice work and keep taken shots u can only get better.

get a cheap ole tripod, anyhting will do for some fun nighttime photography. this is great to broaden your horizons. these are deffinately not snapshots now, and I like them. I've been wanted to do light trails for so long, but I haven't had a chance to go out!

Thanks man...I told ya i have been trying. Just had to be patient

Over Exposure? Like, the lights being to bright?

Thanks man...I told ya i have been trying. Just had to be patient

Over Exposure? Like, the lights being to bright?

yeah, the Mustang shot I took in the other thread kept getting over exposed because the camera saw that it was a black car, and the ground in the final image I used was still a tad bit overexposed. You don't want your shots blown out by the light feed.

yeah, the Mustang shot I took in the other thread kept getting over exposed because the camera saw that it was a black car, and the ground in the final image I used was still a tad bit overexposed. You don't want your shots blown out by the light feed.

Well if the stupid car wouldve been doing the speed linit instead of 5MPH (literally) then it would've turn out good. Im going to my interstate tomarrow and "re-doing" them. But i honestly dont think i did bad for a 1st timer

hey nice start, the main thing is you're out there doing it and as said you can only get better.....try going out just as the sun is setting and wait until it's dusk. That way you will get some colour in the sky with long exp....also start at 1 sec and work your way up to 8sec. I agree an el-cheapo tripod would be good, espec a mini for shots like that one at ground level. Of these I like the last best!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back