Open Valve

EOV

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot while i was on a photo walk last weekend near my sister's family's house in Western Washington. I tried my hand at a little editing. Please let me know what you think.

Shot with a Nikon D5100, 50mm 1.8 at f 2.8, iso 100, 1/250.

Thanks for the C&C!

$12726176575_26973d4b27_b.jpg

I think this type of caricature is great. It just needs to be converted to blue.

I honestly don't know what to tell. I spent some time looking at it and I really can't see what you were trying to do with this. Can you tell more?

you certainly did shoot this from the right angle

Good point. Maybe that is the problem. I wanted to capture the valve but didn't know why. I guess even if it is technically correct it still just isn't "there."

Well, I am so clueless to such objects that I do not even know what the valve is. LOL.

The most interesting part of it is the "open" with the glass. Is that the valve?

edit: just read the title ... :blushing:

The open in the glass is what I was focusing on. I think it is for a gas or water line that went through the community college campus.

I guess what caught my eye is the red vertical sticking out against the green grass and the somewhat drab background.

Huh...Well...It IS a valve and it IS open so I guess this works as an Open Valve photo.
Hey, I'm trying to work with you here :wink:

It is actually a fire sprinkler supply valve. Open in case there is a fire, but away from the building if the fire is out and they want to shut off the water supply.

I think you got it right, EOV. It is technically correct, but doesn't really evoke much for me.

Thank you everyone. These are the type of comments I need to get me focused down the right path.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back