Opinion on a photographer?

ColeGauthier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
EDIT: Linked removed, thanks for the feedback, now I can work on my style :)

Last edited:
It doesn't go against forum rules, but it is in poor taste since Claude isn't present to explain or defend his work.

Since you find his stuff dated and over-priced, it would seem you know all you need to know already.

By the way. How do you know the studio work is 'simple'?

One last thought. If Claude uses Google Analytics, he will see that all of a sudden his web site is getting hits from the Photo Forum. Google wil also provide him with links right back to your post here.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could share with us some of your own complex and contemporary work for comparison?

From the few that I looked at he seems to do a pretty good job. If you personally don't like his work, too bad, it's not up to anyone else to decide. If he's the only game in town you really don't have much of a choice.

His work looks fine to me! Not sure what the purpose of this post is?!

now you send us an enormous check and we return the difference right?

Sorry guys.. I just wanted to see what guys thought, I like some of his work as well, sorry for the contradicting, just though I would get a feel of the different opinions from different towns! And I don't work for him.. Thanks for the responses..

Huh..I went to this bozo Claude's web site and looked at about 25 wedding images. He has some serious quality control issues....he seems to shoot every single image in good focus!! His posing sucks, since it relies heavily on traditional, classic posing strategies refined over many decades, and he makes even the fat chicks look hawt! (which every bride knows is NOT what the wedding tog is supposed to do!!!) I have the sinking feeling that if a bride were to hire this dude, that there wouldn't be any drama, or carping, or screaming telephone calls after the wedding--and who wants THAT!!

I have the sinking feeling that this "Claude" guy is actually a professional photographer who can talk the talk AND walk the walk, and that any bride that hires this overpriced bozo is going to wind up with sharp, clear, well-posed, professional wedding shots that will look really good, and will make the bride who hires him really,really mad that she didn't hire somebody from Craigslist who could deliver crap work that she could complain about to her new mother-in-law and to all her gal-pals at work. That whole experience would suck!

I mean, just by looking at the pictures this guy has, he appears to shoot weddings that have a lot of good-looking regular people in them, and there's no tilted shots and blurry-focus ones, and they all look too go#danged "perfessional"...I mean, this guy's pictures just look too "perfessional"... I dunno...my brother's girlfriend Tracy shoots a lot of cool stuff with her iPhone, and her shots look much cooler!!! I'd look for somebody who's much newer and cheaper, and who can get more-tilty pictures,and who can convert the bad exposed pictures to Black and White shots, so that the white areas don't look all ugly and stuff. (I can get you Tracy's cell number if you PM me, mmkay?)

Looks like solid professional quality work.....yes I can imagine to most people that would look old fashioned haha.

Some of the Topaz processing I could live without, but other than that, good stuff.

....by the way, I sent him a link to this discussion, seemed fair.

Looks like solid professional quality work.....yes I can imagine to most people that would look old fashioned haha.

Some of the Topaz processing I could live without, but other than that, good stuff.

....by the way, I sent him a link to this discussion, seemed fair.

yes, a bit too over-hot for my taste but certainly professional, sharp and good-looking stuff.

I found some of his graphical elements to be kind of comical (see: cheesy), but his photos aren't bad. It looks like the kind of work that someone being the only photographer in the area would do. He doesn't really have a niche as much as he's an everyman to satisfy as many professional photography needs as possible in one area.

I mean, none of his images are groundbreaking. But he uses pretty traditional techniques. His portraits all say "Olan Mills", which is fine because A LOT of people want family portraits that showcase the family and not the technique/creativity.

I wouldn't hire him, however. His images are just too...ordinary...for me. Not average - ordinary. But then again I'm one of those crazy, rebellious, individualistic teenagers from the iPod era. It just depends on demographic/taste/needs.

They are not, this why I am asking an opinion on a different photographer, on a different style, so I can improve.

Most reactions

Back