Opinion on prices?

Melissa Royal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
For the past few weeks or so I've been trying to figure out how to best sell my photography. I've found Zenfolio quite to my liking. After exploring, I can set prices to control profit, and even offer mats and frames. It's also great that they will fulfill my orders for me (I will be going to college soon, so I won't have the time to so myself).
Anyway, this is where I've decided to keep my business:
Rachael Seider Art

I'm wondering if my prices are too low or too high. Does anyone have opinions and suggestions?

Also, I will be getting a domain soon.

Thanks,
Rachael

The pricing seems reasonable to me. I'm not meaning to be rude some shots don't seem as marketable or appealing as others. Hopefully i'm wrong. Editing out anything less than your very best will help build a good reputation for quality.

I do not find that to be rude. I appreciate the feedback. =)
Which shots do you find not as marketable or appealing?

e.g the bridge pic. The angle's a bit skew but i'm trying to imagine who would buy it as a print.

Which bridge? The one over the river or the broken one? If you're talking about the broken one, two people have ordered it already. And for the one over the river, I think someone may just have to like bridges. :p

"two people have ordered it already" - are these two people related to you? Seriously, if you want photography to be more than just a hobby, you need to work on perfecting your craft with good subjects, composition, focus, etc... 10 shots of a squirrel from your backyard, and snapshots from a day at the zoo, do not a successful portfolio make.

One is, but the other is not. I have been letting my friends know and they have been telling their friends. One of my friends says she'll be buying a few soon. But, to me, it doesn't matter if I know them or if they are a stranger, because I want all people to enjoy my photography even if I know them personally. But with that said, what (in your opinion) makes a good portfolio? I'm always up for hearing constructive critascism. Thank you. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back