Opinions on an edit

Nelarius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

As I'm just beginning to dig into pp (and the wonders it can do to save a boring photo :mrgreen:), I was wondering if you people could give me an opinion on an edit I made. Below is the original photograph, and after that is the edit. Feel free to give it a try yourself by the way!

full

full

Last edited:
I'm a noob, so feel free to disregard my $0.02. I think the edit is too overdone. The tree trunk in the background is purple for instance. Personally I think something in between original and edited version would be good.

I'm a noob, so feel free to disregard my $0.02.
Have a little confidence :)

You're right; now that I look at it, I did get way too trigger happy with the curves. I'll have to cook up another version.

EDIT: updated my original post with a new image

Last edited:
Ah ... we're already seeing a SECOND edit, and no longer the one that "overparduffer" called "overdone"?

That makes sense then, for what we see now does NOT look overdone to me.
If you did not put of the fairly pale, misty original no one would come to the conclusion that it is post processing which brought about this picture.

But I wonder where that magenta cast comes from which was in your original and still is to be detected in the second edit (and which may have accounted for the fact that in the first, too strong edit the tree trunk turned pink)?

Ah ... we're already seeing a SECOND edit, and no longer the one that "overparduffer" called "overdone"?
Yes, I made a new one, as the other one was... not so good. :)

The magenta cast comes from the fact that I took this picture around midnight, and the sun was really low and red.

Thanks for the comment by the way

"Midnight" ... "sun" ... makes one wonder at first ... but then we read your location - and I begin to guess that Espoo is quite for north in Finland?

Actually Espoo is in the south of Finland :wink: In the north the sun never sets during summer time!

Most reactions

Back