Opinions on first wedding shots

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am undecided on these 2 shots with the bride and MOH. I tend to lean towards artistic things, where I guess brides probably prefer traditional. Anyhoo, my shots don't REALLY matter so its just a matter of deciding if I want to show them to my cousin or not. (if your not caught up on that , heres some reading for ya http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121188)

This first one, I fekked up my exposure pretty badly. I was shooting outside, getting people coming out of the limo when all of a sudden the MOH waved me over and asked me to get a shot of her and my cousin in the limo. I had 5 nanoseconds to click the shot, so I just slowed my shutter down and prayed :sexywink: After the fact, I kinda think the grain looks cool. Maybe I'm delusional. I'm going to try denoiseing it in a bit also.
dawnkate.jpg

And this one, I just like. IT was them entering the church.
IMG_1295.jpg

Total honesty is welcome and encouraged. You cannot hurt my feelings!

Well, I'm on a roll for honesty today, so one more shouldn't hurt too much. I'll just watch out my window for the line of torches and pitchforks.

I think you said it yourself on shot 1... the exposure is a bit off, so you lose colors and get grain, etc. The flowers are also unfortunately out of focus, but I think I also see rain on the window there... dark day, I imagine, therefore tough light and shallow depth of field usually. I think it's a very cute shot, however. Nice smiles, good composition for the most part. What probably would have saved you here would be a bounce flash (cranked down due to close quarters), but even that would have been challenging.

Shot 2 seems to have exposure problems as well... do you have any flash equipment? You're really going to want that for weddings... the light can be a living horror at some of these things. The crop seemed a little odd to me too as you have both people cut off... one at 2/3 and one at 1/3. Maybe open it up to at least get the bride completely in the shot. Not sure. Back shots are tough somtimes.

appreciate your comments!! REally. I wasn't the official photog, had no flash, and have never done a wedding before :laugh: I am so glad for the honesty though.

Reading indeed... LOL... I liked the ones you had there and like these also. I would add a bit of contrast to the first but I really like the expressions they have.

wedding pics are tough if you're taking them for a friend. it's easy to see your friend and not really look at the picture. i like the first one for there expression. i'm not crazy about the second one as a picture, but then i have no emotional investment in the people or the event. i've found that often people end up like some pictures that you take not because of the great composition, but because of their memory that is tied to it. just show her your pictures and see what SHE likes.

Most reactions

Back