Opinions on new vid...

Frank M

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,

This wasn't a planned video, but I went to the park with a camera and wanted to test out focus pulling with a new lens I picked up. I took all the footage hand held in about 30 minutes and made this video all in about 2 hours. There is a small story, but it might not be easily discernible...it's just what I could do with the footage I capped.

Apart from changing some transitions, over focus pulling and a few shots that I should have graded better (at least those are my feelings), what do you guys think about the footage itself? The overall color correction and grading?

Thanks!

I am total newbie at video, so take it for what it is worth...
If your goal was to practice focus pulling, it looks to me, you did really well. I think the video is "sad" in that it is serious music with empty benches and playground, and dreary looking skies.
But overall, good for your short time it took.

I am total newbie at video, so take it for what it is worth...
If your goal was to practice focus pulling, it looks to me, you did really well. I think the video is "sad" in that it is serious music with empty benches and playground, and dreary looking skies.
But overall, good for your short time it took.

Hey Nancy thanks!

Yup you got the idea pretty much spot on. I just took a bunch of random footage practicing my pulls and when I came home to look at it, the only real theme I could think of is a sort of sad, dreary vide.

You made a video about focus pulling. I think focus pulling is usually used to draw your attention to an area or activity and then the video of that area continues. The lighting is a bit dreary and the same level with a lot of very tight crops.
I'm just learning to shoot video with the DSLR so take my comments with a grain of salt.

You made a video about focus pulling. I think focus pulling is usually used to draw your attention to an area or activity and then the video of that area continues. The lighting is a bit dreary and the same level with a lot of very tight crops.
I'm just learning to shoot video with the DSLR so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the comments and I don't mind the criticism. I was never intending to make any video whatsoever with the footage and I was just testing out pulling. Some were smooth some were not...I got bored when I got home and wanted to see if I could pull (no pun intended) something together.

The lighting was intentionally made to be dreary. It was supposed to have a cold, depressing tone to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back