Opinions on photo editing please

shareefy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the first time in a very long time i have edited a picture. I dont think my camera is good enough for great scenic shots as detail will be lost so i stick to pics like below. Im curious to whether or not my editing is any good. I wish i could be more specific in my critiquing needs but my only source of criticism is from my friends

this is the the before (dont worry my camera isnt that bad in quality, its more that was just a bad weird pic)
STA72259.jpg

and this is the after, done on psp 8:
Laura2.jpg

Wow. I like it. Maybe a little more definition on at the bottom of the nose.

abraxas said:
Wow. I like it. Maybe a little more definition on at the bottom of the nose.

yeah i have a tendency to obliterate my nose in pics for the sake of security *shifty eyes*
but i think ill enhance it for the sake of "art" ;)

craig said:
I see this as totally changing the photo. Explain your feelings on the photos and how you got there.

hmm. well im not sure i can remember all the steps and i kinda just mess around a bit and see what happens, im still only new to psp. but i basically used the auto fix button to clarify it all a bit more, then i spent a while round the eyes with the darken button and sprayed on some red to make my eyes more prominant, then i think i used the usual soften sharpen lighten darken smudge etc throughout whenever i wanted to fix something. then i used channel mixer to get the gothy colour and then curves to make it all very dark and eerie, and then where my hair is really red i used selection on it and enhanced the colour with brightness and blended it in and the i used saturate on the background and change to target to make it darker.
i hope thats what you ment on how i got there.
my opinion on the original was that i liked my hair and facial appearence in it, but it was kinda blurry and monotonous so then i decided to make it more emo-ish. i think the emo look for photos can be very cool and i seem to be better at it than other looks so i do it often, and then i just started building on it till i was very happy with the sultry emo-ness i created lol

Most reactions

Back