Opinions on what i can do or what i should've done

slipper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Heres a few pics of which i have no idea on what to do as far as editing. I would appreciate suggestions on what i could do to make the images better in photoshop or suggestions on how to take the photos better.

suggestion1.jpg

The 2 pics below, im having trouble with the glare off the ocean. What can i do to get rid of the glare in PS8 and would a polirizing filter help in this situation?

suggestion2.jpg

suggestion4.jpg

a polarizer is a must for any shooting out doors.

as for the first picture, i would like to see more close ups of the rocks on the left. they look cool and i think you could do more with them.

I wouldn't edit the first one at all...

I dont have a polarizer and I shoot outdoors all the time... my slides have all turned out fantastically... though yes, I am getting a polarizing filter.

i mean more along the lines of reshooting the rocks to the left of the photo.
im drawn to the left side of that frame by the rocks, I feel they dont fit with the rest of that photo, like it should be just beach and pounding surf, or it should be all neat looking rocks with crashing waves.

also as far as making the first one better, the section where the shore gets cropped off on the left side is a little distracting.

i think reshooting something like the first one would result in some sweet images. I really think black and white works well here

does brand and price make a significant difference in performance with polarizing filters? i see tons of $6 polarizing filters on ebay yet i see some around $100. i dont have a whole bunch of cash to give away, what is something affordable that you folks would recommend?

Is there anything i can do on photoshop to get ride of the glare from the ocean?

Most reactions

Back