Optimum Color

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering how you guys get the great color that many of you get. I use a d70 and for some reason i feel that i can never get really bright and vivid colors even with the special "vivid colors" setting. So the question is how do you guys get such great colors? Do you enhance your photos in ps, use a special setting, or find really colorful subjects? Does it have something to do with lighting that I could be missing?

Thanks

If you wan't really vivid colours photoshops saturation slider is a good place to start, just don't go too far or things start looking odd. If you don't know where to find the saturation slider it's with other image effecting settings accessed by hitting Ctrl-U.

Colour can also be made more vivid depending on what direction you are shooting in, in relation to the suns position... if you shoot into the sun colours look washed out, if you shoot with your back to the sun you tend to get more saturated colours.. or at least this is what I have experienced with my 20D.

Scurra said:
If you wan't really vivid colours photoshops saturation slider is a good place to start, just don't go too far or things start looking odd. If you don't know where to find the saturation slider it's with other image effecting settings accessed by hitting Ctrl-U.

Colour can also be made more vivid depending on what direction you are shooting in, in relation to the suns position... if you shoot into the sun colours look washed out, if you shoot with your back to the sun you tend to get more saturated colours.. or at least this is what I have experienced with my 20D.

I've always come to think that the Canon cameras have better saturation from the camera. Granted, you can change that in Photoshop, but my 300D always seems to be more vivid than my sisters (Andreag5's) D70.

Try loading a custom curve into the camera. The D70 is notorious for taking "flat" pictures. You gotta play around with the WB and the saturation. Shooting in RAW you can do most of that post-proccess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back