Orange on Fire

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Another experiment Clark Kent & I did a couple of days ago when we blew up a light bulb. We took an orange and inserted a firecracker inside. Stage 1 is the fuse after being lit and it appears that a ghost is coming out of the orange. Stage 2 is the firecracker exploding inside and the orange begins to break apart from the explosion. Wasn't quite quick enough to capture the orange as it blows apart. We are working on perfecting our experiment and hopefully be able to post better results in the near future. C/C welcome & thanks for looking!

Stage 1

Orange-n-firecracker-stage-1.jpg

Stage 2

Orange-firecracker-in---stage-2.jpg

I wanted to say this on the lightbulb shots but never got around to it.

First let me preface this with your series here and with the lightbulb are really cool shots.

I'm sure you don't have these beings in Illinois, but down here in the South we have "rednecks". The answer to the age old question of what a rednecks last words are:

"Watch this, huh huh huh."

Just be careful. :lol:

I'm sure you don't have these beings in Illinois, but down here in the South we have "rednecks". The answer to the age old question of what a rednecks last words are:

"Watch this, huh huh huh."

Just be careful. :lol:

Wo... I love it. Thanks

Thanks for the comment guys. You'll be surprised what Clark & I have planned next. It takes some time to plan and execute this projects. Also, rest assured that Clark & I are very careful with our projects. That's one reason that it takes 2 of us (besides it being fun), but there is always some risk involved, even if we're walking down the sidewalk. We protect our camera equipment as well as ourselves.

Thanks for the comment guys. You'll be surprised what Clark & I have planned next. It takes some time to plan and execute this projects. Also, rest assured that Clark & I are very careful with our projects. That's one reason that it takes 2 of us (besides it being fun), but there is always some risk involved, even if we're walking down the sidewalk. We protect our camera equipment as well as ourselves.

Ya got that right...safety first.

Haha, your guys' experiments are always interesting.

In other words: Don't try this at home unsupervised, kids. :lol:

Great shots, and fun to see!

Thanks for the comments. And yes, I agree, kids (and some adults) should NOT try our experiments without proper supervision. Clark & I are always watching out for each other & our safety comes first!

You know I just got some fireworks from my brother for Christmas, hmm....

We set up in a garage, focus, turn lights off and use a sound activator/trigger for the flash. We've never taken video, interesting thought.

Now I'm beginning to think you two have way to much time on your hands. Let me know if you need anything else to blow to bits for I have plenty of junk I wouldn't miss. these are awesome photos and I think top of the line in creativity. Way to go.....

Man, You guys are awesome! I love your work!

Thanks for the comments. And Scooter, keep that junk handy! We have a lot more ideas.

Most reactions

Back