Orchid Project Excercise

Thank you! Couldn't have done without you guys. I was determined and had fun doing it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll say it again--one of the most gratifying things about providing advice or tips here on TPF is when someone then comes back and says "okay, here's what I followed, here's what I didn't--and why--and here's a result." Always good to get some closure. Too many times, someone comes on and says "how do I....?" or "I've got a problem..." and people provide advice and then....crickets.

And I totally agree with Derrel. Tremendous improvement in your orchid shots in an amazingly quick period of time. You've gone from a photo that was attractive primarily b/c of the subject to one where you have manipulated light, framing/cropping, and depth of field to produce a beautiful picture. Big difference between taking a snapshot and creating a photo.

JoeW said:
I'll say it again--one of the most gratifying things about providing advice or tips here on TPF is when someone then comes back and says "okay, here's what I followed, here's what I didn't--and why--and here's a result." Always good to get some closure. Too many times, someone comes on and says "how do I....?" or "I've got a problem..." and people provide advice and then....crickets.

And I totally agree with Derrel. Tremendous improvement in your orchid shots in an amazingly quick period of time. You've gone from a photo that was attractive primarily b/c of the subject to one where you have manipulated light, framing/cropping, and depth of field to produce a beautiful picture. Big difference between taking a snapshot and creating a photo.

I HAVE TO AGREE with JoeW's comments here, 110%! It's very gratifying to see some feedback, to get a sense of closure. I also want to thank you for listening to my advice, and actually buying yourself one of the John Hedgecoe books I've been recommending here since 2009; you're one of the few who has actually (that I know of) gone out, bought one of his books, and set out to immediately undertake one of his projects. Good on you!

Your Day Two results show just how important knowing how to shoot various types of subjects and situations can be. Knowing what to do, what not to do, knowing the basic concepts of how to handle specific types of shooting scenarios and subject matter is of huge benefit. Your progress, your learning experience here, is why the Hedgecoe books are ones I will keep recommending to people who want to learn how to do photography, and not, "How to process pics in Lightroom." etc.,etc..

Thanks again men. I learn better reading a book, have it close for reference, apply my understanding, give assignment back to teacher (JoeW & Derrel) for grading, get teachers feedback, and bring it all together. Your confirmation and my understanding of execution is exhilarating.

I don't do well with video learning (I get distracted) so these books are huge for me. Hedgecoe books are everything you said they were and your instruction added a deeper understanding of what Hedgecoe was delivering.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back