Ordering Prints to Sell

Melissa Royal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I'm volunteering to run a photo booth at a local gay pride event.
The woman running it said my photos will be put on the site and people will be able to order them.
I've known her for a couple of years as I have been heavily involved in the foundation and previously served as a board member.
Because of this, I am without a doubt going to give 25% or more of my profit back to the foundation.
The event happens two weeks from this Saturday. As such, I'm trying to prepare for it as much as I can ahead of time.
I was thinking it would be a good idea to put packages together (example of a package: 2 8x10's, 1 5x7, 4 pocket sized, etc.)
because it would be easier to order them that way. Suggestions of putting packages together (perhaps ones that are
most often used) would be helpful if you have any. Mainly what I need to know is where to order the photos from.
I want them to be nice photos (not like from snapfish) and perhaps to put the foundations logo with my information on the back.
Does anyone have suggestions of where I can order the photos from?

Thank you so much,
Rachael

Bay Photo in San Fran does all my printing. They're a bit pricey compared to bargain options like snapfish or shutterfly, but the quality is exactly what you'd expect from a pro lab.

Bay Photo in San Fran does all my printing. They're a bit pricey compared to bargain options like snapfish or shutterfly, but the quality is exactly what you'd expect from a pro lab.

They do great metal prints!

You might want to think about using a photo ordering service/site. Smugmug is one that many people use. I use an application called Photocart, that resides right on my own website. I could set it up for packages, but it's pretty easy for clients to just pick and choose the ones they want, in whatever quantity & size they want.

As for printing, I'm sure there are many good labs for you to choose from. Have a look at Mpix.com.

Thanks everyone! You have all been very helpful! I think I'll use Bayphoto and have them do the Boutique Packaging because it is absolutely beautiful. I also like that they can ship directly to the customer.
Is there a way I can get the Foundations Logo and my information printed on the back of the photos?

As for using a photo ordering service/site, I'll check with the women who works on the foundations website to see if there could simply be a link to a smugmug or zenfolio or if she'd rather put them directly on the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back