Oregon Zoo

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few shots taken at the Oregon Zoo. The place was AMAZING, but the day was miserable to the extreme, with snow, rain, and sun all packed in a 2-hour span.

All handheld with Nikon D70s with Nikkor 18-200VR.

1. Wolf

2. Wolf in the Rain

3. Wrinkled

4. Paw
(shot through a double glass, with barely any light... missed the focus badly but like it in an abstract sort of way)

5. Pygmy Marmoset
(also shot through a glass with horrible lighting)
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
These are all great! I really like 3. The hay on its back, and the second elephant out of focus in the background, great! 2 is also very interesting, something you don't see much in zoo brochures, or most times I go to the zoo.

Thanks much, Eldrich. Number 3 is my favourite too. Regarding number 2, I wish I had been able to stand more to the right, to capture the wolf's facial expression better and, especially, to avoid those branches growing from his back. This image was shot at 200mm, by the way. Not much room to operate with so many people sheltering from the sudden storm exactly where I was.

I like #4. It looks...cozy.
Thanks :) The scene was actually cozier than you can even imagine: two cougars resting side by side, almost on top of each other. Due to the reflections on the glass, I couldn't photograph the whole scene (this photo was taken with the lens directly on the glass). I was literally inches from them, only separated by the double glass. I assume they couldn't see me, otherwise they wouldn't have looked this cozy and peaceful.

those are nice and interesting pictures..thanks

I love number 3. The depth of field makes the elephant stick out more.

Their is something about number 2 but I love it.

I like #1 a lot, the snow really fits with the subject. My only criticism would be that you've overdone the contrast a little bit, but apart from that it's great!

Thanks, guys. Photog, I think you're right about the overdone contrast, thanks for pointing it out.

2 and 3 are my faves. I love how you can see the falling rain in 2. And 3 makes me laugh...love how you got both their butts at essentially the same angle, and I agree that the hay on the back of the big one adds a nice element of interest (atop that lovely wrinkled hide)

Thanks Anty, I think number 3 is the only keeper from this trip to the zoo.

Here are a couple more:

6. Aquarium

7. Lorikeet (I chopped his tail, unfortunately)

8. Pygora Goat

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back