Organization Mayhem

mclar146

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well my picture's folder is become extremely unorganized and I am stumped where to start in accordance with organization.

soo, how do the people of TPF organize their photos.

Any help is appreciated.

I organize by date, year first. Then a 2-3 work description. I put it all in lightroom and rate/keyword my favorites so I can find them quickly.

Ok, I usually just make my own folders. I do have Adobe CS5 which has Bridge. Is Bridge anything like Lightroom? I guess I can do my own research but honestly I have had 4 hours of sleep in the last four days...

Read the DAM Book.

Actually there's a V2 of the book Big Mike linked to: Amazon.com: The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers (9780596523572): Peter Krogh: Books

In all seriousness though, take the time and read it. If you expect photography to become long lasting hobby for you, then you can easily expect your photo collection to grow by tens, perhaps hundreds, of thousands of images. There's a lot that you need to consider besides your folder structure when managing a collection of that size. You need to think about keywords, ratings, and many other important considerations. The DAM book lays out everything that you need to consider and gives you the framework to build a forward-compatible collection for years to come.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back