Organizing Photos in Lightroom - Excellent tutorial for beginners

CaptainNapalm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In hopes of properly managing my quickly expanding photo collection, I recently downloaded Lightroom 5 to help me with the task. Unfortunately, I found this software much less easy to use than PSE and PSE organizer. After spending a few days playing around with LR and watching several short tutorials about it, I was still somewhat confused, that is, until I found this thorough video on how to organize your photo collection in lightroom:

Organizing Photos with Adobe Lightroom | BH inDepth

The video is two hours long but the host is extremely interesting and humorous making the video fun to watch. This is the first video that really gave me what I needed to fully understand how lightroom operates. Therefore, I just want to recommend this video to others who may find themselves in my shoes and trying to understand how to organize your collection with this software. In my opinion, a great video with a mountain of information and easy to understand.

Videos are great.

Here is a resource that contains a level of detail well beyond what can be covered in a 2 hour video:
The DAM Book

No electricity is needed to access the book.
Plus, the book has a list of contents in the front, and index in the back, so you can quickly find out what pages to go to that discuss any part of the book you might want to review at a later time. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The DAM Book is exceptionally tedious and repetitive as all get out...it could have been,should have been, a 20-page brochure. I don't mean to sound negative, but there is a time and place for editing and condensing and actually CLARIFYING one's thoughts...the DAM Book could seriously have used some DAM organizing and some DAM editing and some DAM condensing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back