Osama dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the "indifferent" camp when it comes to Osama Bin Laden being dead.

However, I can't help but notice that the United States seems to have rules for themselves and rules for everyone else. US soldiers march in to Pakistan, a country that they are as of yet not at war with, and openly commit a murder. No recourse or punishment for the murders - in fact, just the opposite! It was condoned and is now being cheered! No trial. Zip.

But a child soldier like Omar Khadr kills a soldier, in self defense, in a fricken war, and he gets locked up in Guantanamo!

Do people not see the blatant hypocrisy?

Did the thread with the dude praising terrorist martyrs get locked? I don't think it did, but I wasn't active in it... If that didn't get locked, I don't think this will.

I dunno if it got locked. It disappeared quickly though, as in no more responses.
The Trump thread got locked....:lmao:

Yes, it would seem the Trumpster is even more powerful than the CIA's most wanted!

Also in before the lock. :)

Life as we know it has now changed forever...........:lol:

yeah, he was shot alright...although is was in low light conditions I imagine

Well this kind of screws up my whole retirement plan. I was going to go find him during my vacation this summer and collect the reward. I gotta rethink my whole deal now. ****.

1.O̶s̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶B̶i̶n̶ ̶L̶a̶d̶e̶n̶
2. Waldo
3. Carmen Sandiego

Waldo is next!

Nothing in war is fair or honest. That is the nature of war and it has been the same throughout the centuries. It has been the same for wars in which all nationalities have died, that includes canadians, aussies, brits and americans. We can talk about this philosophically, but it's not realistic. Man, as a species, is a violent animal and I'm afraid no amount of sweet talk is going to change that. It is what it is and we are stuck with working within this reality. To think otherwise, is niave.

As far as Bin Ladin is concerned, he committed unbelievable crimes against this country and it's people. If these crimes had been committed on your soil, to your people, you might feel differently about this man's death. It comes down to this, for those people who died and for their families, they deserved to have the man who ordered the attacks suffer the same fate. You can say that's vengence if you wish, maybe it is. But if it had been my loved one, he thought was so insignificant, I wouldn't want to think of him living out a long happy life and doing the same to someone else.

Me personally, I'm not cheering for the man's death, but I'm not ambivilant either. The loss of human life should never be taken lightly. You say someone worse my take his place. You might be right, but that's not the point. His was a crime that could not go unpunished and as is often to case, a violent life ends violently.

Please don't take offense, I mean no insult to anyone, these are just my opinions, yours my differ, that's ok.

Damn it Bitter now you have this.........

in my head!!!!
I hate you!! :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the "indifferent" camp when it comes to Osama Bin Laden being dead.

However, I can't help but notice that the United States seems to have rules for themselves and rules for everyone else. US soldiers march in to Pakistan, a country that they are as of yet not at war with, and openly commit a murder. No recourse or punishment for the murders - in fact, just the opposite! It was condoned and is now being cheered! No trial. Zip.

But a child soldier like Omar Khadr kills a soldier, in self defense, in a fricken war, and he gets locked up in Guantanamo!

Do people not see the blatant hypocrisy?

Well, not that I support either wars on terrorism, and I myself am quite liberal. BUT

Maybe if Canada was involved in any wars, you'd realize that it's essentially par for the course. What you described happens in every conflict/war. Just sayin'

Yeah, apparently I was watching Tron when this whole thing went down. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back