Osprey Dive - pic heavy

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got the beginning and the end OK. But the middle was too blazing fast for me.

Prey sighted
DSC_1448.jpg

DSC_1449.jpg

The Dive
DSC_1452.jpg

Emerging from the water
DSC_1456.jpg

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1458.jpg

But a miss!
DSC_1459.jpg

DSC_1460.jpg

DSC_1461.jpg

DSC_1462.jpg

I love to photograph Osprey. Try upping the shutter speed and setting your focus to AI-Servo. You will be amazed at the difference it makes.

Nice set! Yes, they dive pretty darn fast.
Thank you, Jeff.

I love to photograph Osprey. Try upping the shutter speed and setting your focus to AI-Servo. You will be amazed at the difference it makes.
Thanks, Scott. I had the camera set to continuous autofocus. The shutter speed was 1/2500 but could have gone a little higher in this case I think.

nicely captured! they can be hard to get in flight when they're diving, but you nailed it.

That's the way it usually goes with action shots for me, too. Nice set.

Thank you, Jeff.

Thanks, Scott. I had the camera set to continuous autofocus. The shutter speed was 1/2500 but could have gone a little higher in this case I think.
You should try AI-Servo focus. It will let you follow the subject. Auto focus is ok, but it will only focus on what it thinks you want it to focus on.

You should try AI-Servo focus. It will let you follow the subject. Auto focus is ok, but it will only focus on what it thinks you want it to focus on.
Ok, I'm going to have to go back and check my manual. I wasn't aware that AI-Servo was that different from continuous auto-focus. Thanks for the tip.

Ok, I'm going to have to go back and check my manual. I wasn't aware that AI-Servo was that different from continuous auto-focus. Thanks for the tip.
I believe Nikon calls their 'continuous', AF-C and Canon calls theirs 'AI servo', same thing, different name.

Most reactions

Back