Osprey looking for lunch !

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This guy was up and down the bech looking for some lunch , when I found him. lol

M7K_2903 by mannyher1, on Flickr

Nice sharp image - I like how you have captured the eyes looking right at you.

WesternGuy

Agree with Westernguy... I just hate those models that don't listen to directions! :lol:

My favorite subject :) Nice shot... I can't tell if you had to you lift shadows or just oversharpened? Something looks strange in the head area on flickr at full size?

My favorite subject :) Nice shot... I can't tell if you had to you lift shadows or just oversharpened? Something looks strange in the head area on flickr at full size?

Thanks , yea i had to lift the shadows a bit . Now i want to get one like your avatar ! awesome !

You could say I'm sort of an Osprey freak.. The best time is obviously early in the morning when you have more side light. Mid day, if they are flying above you, try to use a little + 1/3-2/3 stop EC. You had plenty of speed at 1/3200. A few words of advice, they always drop their feet a few seconds before they dive. When they hit the water, get ready, it is normally a 1-2 second gap before they take off as the wrestle their dinner(unless there are big bluefish in the water, then they pop right out) also they almost always take off into the wind... Yes I spent about a month figuring this all out, you just learned it in 5 seconds :) If you like ospreys check my flickr...

You could say I'm sort of an Osprey freak.. The best time is obviously early in the morning when you have more side light. Mid day, if they are flying above you, try to use a little + 1/3-2/3 stop EC. You had plenty of speed at 1/3200. A few words of advice, they always drop their feet a few seconds before they dive. When they hit the water, get ready, it is normally a 1-2 second gap before they take off as the wrestle their dinner(unless there are big bluefish in the water, then they pop right out) also they almost always take off into the wind... Yes I spent about a month figuring this all out, you just learned it in 5 seconds :) If you like ospreys check my flickr...

Great flickr gallery !!! loved it . I can get these guys when i go across the state towards marco island . I will be back there tomm . Going to head your advice and see if i get lucky . Btw I've heard the bald eagles are back in town as well !!

That is a spectacular photo!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back