Osprey season is in full swing...

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sweetness! This Osprey flew right up to a tree near me! I was able to get really close and one point he hit me in the shoulder with the gill plate. These are all shot with the D300 and Tokina 300 F2.8 with the promaster 1.7x... Comments welcome..

1 - Landing..

Osprey wings spread 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

2 - Through the trees...

Osprey through the trees by krisinct, on Flickr

3 - I see you

Osprey stare by krisinct, on Flickr

4 - Yuck fish gills

Osprey Yuck I hate that part by krisinct, on Flickr

5 - I am Osprey

Osprey Monster by krisinct, on Flickr

great series! #5 is my fav. Is this one of the nesting family you've been posting shots of recently? we've got a swainson's hawk nest right next to where we live, I call 'em my neighborhood hawks, the babies are just starting to venture out of the nest, I really need to go shoot them before they leave.

Thanks Aloicious! This was a "rogue" Osprey, not part of the nests at all. Get those baby hawks before they are gone... I'm really happy with this series :)

Osprey caught a Bunker.I was just using bunkers this morning for Big Bluefish at Branford point.. I seen three baby Osprey today flying together over the river but I had the fishing rod in hand at the time. What bad timing that was.

wow! Exceptional - especially #4.

CC, great sequence - these birds are either ignoring you having realized that you are not a source of harm to them, or this one was very hungry.:lol: Love that last one! :thumbup:

WesternGuy

Plenty excellent shot each are wonderful looking. Great job done by you, adorable.

Thank you Everyone..

Osprey caught a Bunker.I was just using bunkers this morning for Big Bluefish at Branford point.. I seen three baby Osprey today flying together over the river but I had the fishing rod in hand at the time. What bad timing that was.

It's funny, when I'm fishing I see cool birds, When I'm birding I always see huge fish jumping... Go figure

Nice set. You need a helmet cam for fishing and a tripod rod and reel for shooting.

nice, I have been seeing osprey everywhere around here, flying over head at the grocery store, even the strangest places. of course they are far away and I don't have my camera.

Thank you Everyone..

It's funny, when I'm fishing I see cool birds, When I'm birding I always see huge fish jumping... Go figure

:lol: BTW Nice set. Thanks to you for posting great Osprey shots that I can recognize them from other birds. The herons - egrets and ducks get confusing for me.

Nice job. Most of my osprey have left. Found a nest with the babies flying the other day, but they I think they left now to. I am stuck with shooting herons and egrets for the rest of the summer. I have to wait till September and October for the eagles and caracaras and then after them the ospreys are back. Met up with a local from Facebook. Between him and driving around a lot, I have found about 10 more osprey nests. Can't wait till they come back.

Most reactions

Back