Other people unable to print my photos

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

If I post my photos online such as web or facebook. How can I prevent from other people to print my photos. If they want the print they have to contact me.

Thank you,

Hello,

If I post my photos online such as web or facebook. How can I prevent from other people to print my photos. If they want the print they have to contact me.

Thank you,

You can't. Period.

Joe

It's easy:

WatermarkFun.jpg

Facebook compresses everything so much, I'm not sure they'll get a nice print out of it anyways, if that helps.

You can't. Period.

Joe

fun.jpg

Not many, however, have the ability to do that though.

I'll take that as a compliment, and forgive me for editing one of your photos, but under the circumstances it seemed acceptable. What we both did there was fun.

You're right, many people resort to watermarks including the disruptive type used by stock agencies. They are an effective deterrent against petty thieves but they won't deter the determined.

Joe

A follow up note: My wife looked over my shoulder and asked what I was doing so I showed her the thread. She then showed me an assignment (she tutors grade school kids) one of her pupils just received in her "Technology Class" -- 7th grade. As part of the assignment the kids are told to go to the internet and "get photos" to use for illustrations in a power point presentation they have to create. No mention of course about copyrighted material. So my wife's comment was, "yeah and the schools are training them to steal."

Joe

I'll take that as a compliment, and forgive me for editing one of your photos, but under the circumstances it seemed acceptable. What we both did there was fun.

You're right, many people resort to watermarks including the disruptive type used by stock agencies. They are an effective deterrent against petty thieves but they won't deter the determined.

Joe

I get ya.

However, there are some other sneaky ways to mark your images.

Joe

I get ya.

However, there are some other sneaky ways to mark your images.

Indeed there are. They won't catch theft for personal use but a steganographic water mark will catch a commercial use thief after the fact and they can't be removed.

Joe

There's also some who get creative in 'hiding' their watermarks in plain sight.

Sneaky%20Watermark.jpg

Let's see who can spot this one first.

Thank you very much everyone.

Most reactions

Back