Other Photos work.

Would you buy a photograph of another Photo for hanging or as a screen saver?

• Yes, I have bought some other Photo's work.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, I have not bought some other Photo's work.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Bacon.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we have the thread asking about your favorite photo and why. I have seen over and over again that to improve you should look at others people's work and try to understand why you like or don't like it.

Well it's this second part that has me curious. I have been spending time at 500px looking at other photos and deciding if I like them or not and some that I decide what I don't like about them.

Well this just got me to thinking, how many of you would/have bought say a screen saver of someone else's photo that you just found amazing. I haven't done this yet but there are some on 500px and well TPF that are worthy of this.

What are your thoughts?

I'll add a poll

I picked bacon. Because the other two answers weren't right. I haven't bought one, but I absolutely would. Especially from some of the photographers on here.

I picked bacon. Because the other two answers weren't right. I haven't bought one, but I absolutely would. Especially from some of the photographers on here.

That's a good point that I wasn't thinking about. I saw a couple this morning on 500px that I really liked, but didn't purchase them.

One of the things that kept me from it is that if I were to do that, I don't want people thinking that it was mine. I use my own photos for screen savers and desk top backgrounds at work and at home and do not want any confusion.

There are certain pictures out there that I will never be able to get. Whether by geographical location or skill. Those I would absolutely buy.

I'm very clear when people ask about any picture they see on my computers, that it's not mine if someone else took it. I use them at home and work too. So I think as long as you tell people (which I know you would, not insinuation otherwise) that it would be ok.

On the other hand, my niece started a photography facebook page, and at least 12 of the pictures on there, are mine. She is taking credit for them. So now anything that goes on facebook, is watermarked. Doesn't stop her from stealing them anyways but at least I've done what I can. I've never confronted her about it. But it does annoy me, not that she doesn't give me credit, but that she insinuates they are hers.

I voted wrong. I voted no, but I should have voted yes. Normally I don't buy work. I just download and print a small photo to tack up on my corkboard or save on the computer to look at once in a while. Even if I could not download I would not buy them in most cases. I like them enough to download for free to look at but that is it in most cases.

wait, did you mean to say "other's work"?

Most reactions

Back