Other than Photoshop and LR, what's your fav software?

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nik, Topaz, ... ? What secondary software do you use the most in your post-processing, and .. why?

I pretty much only use Photomatix and a couple of trial versions of Topaz.. I don't have a sharpening software - the trials I've used in the past are just a little too harsh ... I mostly like the outlines sharp, and they seem to offer a little too much 'grain' overall than I like..

Interested in all or any kind of other software you use in processing your photos..

tks,

r

Canon DPP ver 3.9 and Picasa,,, simple to use, FREE and they just work. :)

nik, topaz and onone

Nik, Topaz, ... ? What secondary software do you use the most in your post-processing, and .. why?

I pretty much only use Photomatix and a couple of trial versions of Topaz.. I don't have a sharpening software - the trials I've used in the past are just a little too harsh ... I mostly like the outlines sharp, and they seem to offer a little too much 'grain' overall than I like..

Interested in all or any kind of other software you use in processing your photos..

tks,

r
You hit the three that I use. I have Topaz denoise 5 and it works well for me as a PS plugin. You just have to be willing to fine tune each adjustment and not go with the defaults. I've dropped Aperture and use LR3 almost exclusively now. I still use Aperture at work though, but I am not nearly as particular about work pics as my own images.

I've got a demo copy of Neat Image and I keep meaning to learn to use it properly and invest in a proper plugin version to get noise more under control - other than that my only other stand alone software is CombineZP which I use for focus stacking (mostly in macro work).

I do however have a few free addons from around the net to expand what photoshop elements (6 for me) is capable of doing - such as adding a proper curves tool and layer masks.

As of now, NIK and DPP.
I really like the ease of use that NIK provides for a myriad of editing possibilities for a novice.

I use View NX2 for adjusting raw, convert to a tiff and at this time use Serif PhotoPlus X3 for other adjustments. Find PhotoPlus a little weak in adjusting raw and OK for everything else; sometimes I just use View NX2 if I'm not doing too much with the photo.

I have Neat Image demo as well and I've used it once or twice.

Giga 2 Autopano is a great program. I have also been playing with LREnfuse for HDR.

photomatix would be my third software, often taking and making a HDR in photomatix, then i'll bring it back into lightroom to touch some things up. But for me, i found that lightroom is the best to edit raw photo's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back