Ottawa

One of the worst parts of it is that all the news networks and reporters are going to be talking about the gunman. They'll go on and on about his background, political beliefs... The bottom line is he was a murderer. Plain and simple. That is all we need to hear about anyone who goes out and commits this type of crime. They should not be made famous for their crimes. The focus should be on the victims.

Talking about it might motivates other lunatics. I wonder if this guy was motivated by the lunatic from St-Jean sur Richelieu who killed another military monday :(

Talking about it might motivates other lunatics. I wonder if this guy was motivated by the lunatic from St-Jean sur Richelieu who killed another military monday :(

There has been some speculation on that, according to the media here. Time (and good investigative work) will tell.

Our soldier came home today. :( He was based out of Hamilton, of course, with the Argyll and Sutherlands. In addition to the honour guard procession, we also lit up Albion Falls in red and white to pay tribute.

I had all sorts of tripod trouble tonight, so this is the best I could get. There are other, much much better images, but I can't post those ones!

oct 24 tribute by civgirlca, on Flickr

Here are the pictures from us on the bridge over the 401 waiting for his motorcade.
DSC_6902-1.jpg
DSC_6901.jpg
DSC_6876 - Copy.jpg
DSC_6870.jpg

Most reactions

Back