MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0748_1200px.jpg
DSC_0747_1200px.jpg
DSC_0761_1200px.jpg

I like the first one for the under wing detail. I think you manage the brights and shadows pretty well here.
\

The first image gave me some kinda inspiration.

Very nice shoot

good BIF! Red tailed hawks, I think.

Thanks all!

Jeff - All the shots were taken while that poor Harrier was under attack by the crows. The lesson here is don't mess with crows!

Northern Harriers have distinctive markings around their eyes and stripes on the underside of their tail feathers, but I most easily identify them from distance by their posture in flight. Their beak is usually pointing straight down and their head looks kind of flat.

Here's an older thread from a great shooter with both red tailed hawks and northern harriers

Nice set- love the last one with the Covid in shot Mitch :)

Les

Thanks all!

Jeff - All the shots were taken while that poor Harrier was under attack by the crows. The lesson here is don't mess with crows!
That you got that much of a closeup is awesome! I see the hawks and crows going at it all the time, but they are always too far away for a good shot. One of the most impressive dogfights I've witnessed, a crow and hawk were locked together, and another hawk showed up from nowhere, tucked it's wings, and his the two, knocking them apart. It was quite impressive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back