Out doing some shooting at lunch time: Oquirrh Mountain Temple

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Several of us from work have cameras of varying brands and levels, and equally varying amounts of experience shooting. We decided that we'd go out each thursday to shoot ... something. :) Nobody wanted to shoot ducks again today, so we decided to head over to the LDS Oquirrh Mountain Temple, which is fairly photogenic, and a good variety from shooting ducks again!

Unfortunately, we *should* have gone to the pond today -- on the way back to work, we passed it and noticed a goose out with several babies, which would have been fun to shoot. The temple will still be there next Thursday ... the goose and babies? Probably not. :(

I got plenty of flower shots in the beautiful flower beds... I think I'll post those over in the nature forum...

Anyway, here are some shots. I've never really photographed buildings, so would *LOVE* some CC on these.

1. Front of temple, Portrait
p1590470980-5.jpg

2. Front of temple, Landscape (not sure whether I like #1 or #2 better from this vantage point)
p1590482290-5.jpg

3. Side view
p1590472594-5.jpg

Let me know what you think and how to make corrections, as I'm very new to this type of photography and would like to improve.

Thanks!

Kevin

The architecture of the building is very interesting! In #1 and 2 did you get any shots from the stairs at the left? Can't see the entrance to this grand Temple and I'm wondering if it follows the lines of the building.

I like #1 the best, The tree on the right is almost out of the frame and the exposure looks great to me.

The architecture of the building is very interesting! In #1 and 2 did you get any shots from the stairs at the left? Can't see the entrance to this grand Temple and I'm wondering if it follows the lines of the building.

I like #1 the best, The tree on the right is almost out of the frame and the exposure looks great to me.

LDS Temples are very beautiful buildings. As a non-active member I can still say they are very peaceful. The Washington DC temple is stunning as is the San Diego temple.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back