out-of-dated film

Ok. as promised, here is a scan of the slide that I got back just this evening. (took a month to develop!)

We've dated this film as being exposed in September-ish 1997.... and of course, developed September 2005. It's Kodachrome 64 too btw. So just make sure you don't compare apples with oranges here. It's also incredibly humid and hot where I come from so that would have increased the deterioration rate a lot!

I reckon it's kinda interesting how much grain there is in the photo now ... and no, it's not incredibly polluted and horrible where I come from. hehehe. But that is our first charter boat we owned. Took it out for a photo shoot. Obviously we didn't need this roll at the time. ;-)

Little-New-Moon---Slide.jpg

And no, that's not a frame I put on, that's just from the scanner.

do you ever have a problem with condensation?
I never have had an issue.

I don't go straight from freezer to camera however. I take the film out anywhere from an hour to overnight before use.

LWW

OK, so just for all of you that have been waiting so long. I am home today, and I have the film in front of me. Alas, it doesn't seem to be in the metal canister anymore, but here's a little detail that I pulled off the roll.

It's a yellow canister with a gree spool. The writing is in red, and it's says:

20 Exposures
KodaChrome
Color Safety Film
Daylight Type
K 135
KODAK
Film price does not include processing
Made in Rochester, N.Y., U.S.A. by
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
T.M. Registered U.S. Pat. Off.

I know that y'all said that it needed to be specially porcessed, but does this info give any better idea as to what kind of special processing?

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back