Out of Focus...

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying something different...Yes, they are out of focus and yes, I did it on purpose!! :D

9156043243_d1df907e05_z.jpg

9158268698_3ba5c74a47_z.jpg

I like the first as the OOF-ness works on it.

The second one just doenst look right though.

I like it. I did a photo of my daughter a few weeks ago like this. Shows thinking outside the box.

I like both of these, for the abstractions. One of the exercises I've had to do in an art class was paint from out of focus slides -- it teaches you to study the light and dark values in a scene.

Great lesson, good way to teach

#1 works best for me, but not having something in focus to draw my eye is fatiguing to look at for any length of time. Particularly when the subject can be identified as in this shot, as opposed to a more abstract rendering.
I like the concept though.

^^ really? what is there not to get? they're just images.

I like using things like these for title pages for slide shows, or back ground images behind text. It doesn't distract as much as an in-focus image would.

^^ really? what is there not to get? they're just images.

You are being smart with me, I don't get these pictures.
I don't get what's interesting about them, everybody has their own taste and this doesn't talk to me.

Is that clear enough ?

^^ yep. and the comment is pointless. 85% of images I see don't speak to me either. There's no point in announcing it if that's all you have to say. I just figure that it's my problem and move on.

^^ yep. and the comment is pointless. 85% of images I see don't speak to me either. There's no point in announcing it if that's all you have to say. I just figure that it's my problem and move on.
Nope its not your problem, it mine.
I am the one that doesn't get it.

That's my point. When I see something that I just don't get, I figure it's just something that doesn't appeal to me, or is a subject I don't understand. Either way, not the photographers fault, obviously Tami thought it was interesting enough to pursue.

There's no reason to just drop in a one liner critique, it doesn't help you understand the image and does not help the photographer improve.

Make them more out-of-focus if you want them to be abstract. In these there is still a little detail, so the viewer tends to focus on that and not just on the shapes/colors/composition.

Personally, I immediately thought of how I expect to be in both locations. The beach I want to have clear thoughts and relaxation. So #1 does not work for me. #2 speaks to me completely. I work in Washington DC and the hussle and bussle of city life blurs the mind and senses. So #2 is my favorite. I love the idea you came up with. Is it possible to see the quality in an out of focus picture? The Bokeh is smooth and the colors are wonderful in my eyes. Nicely done. I could see an in focus picture of the beach and your, out of focus city, and it would completely speak to me. For what its worth... thats my 2 cents.

Most reactions

Back