Out of My Element

drgibson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't normaly do studio or portrait work but our church had a Valitines event and wanted me to shoot some photos. So I put together a backdrop and some lighting and shot away. Here are some of the better ones. Tell me what you think.

#1 Carrying your friends
V01.jpg

#2 A Dad and His daughters (yeah I live in fear of my life)
V19.jpg

#3 Doesn't know how to take a bad picture.
V02.jpg

#4 One mans pleasure is another mans...
V21.jpg

How cute. I love them. I see that it's ok to edit your photos so I played around with them a little.

I loved this picture cause it's funny so I just took out the heart lights that looked like they were coming out of the top of his head.
girks2.jpg

Also I REALLY like the happy looks on the girls' faces and I thought this crop might draw more attention to that. I see why you like it the other way cause it's fun that they were holding eachother up but it kept distacting me, but then, that may be just me. ;)
girls.jpg

And again I just cropped out some of the other stuff because I think the middle was the most interesting. I love his look! Too bad you can't see the girl on the left's face a bit more. GOOD JOB :thumbup:
girls3.jpg

Well, this is certainly far from professional portrait photography - which just adds to the charm! I'm sure there'd been a lot less fun involved (both in taking the shots and viewing them) if this had been "real" studio shots! :wink:

Wouldn't life be terribly dull if we didn't stray from our beaten path every now and then? I think you did really well but the work JimmyJayceyMom did on #2 was a good idea. As for the other ones - can't really decide whether I like the cropped or the uncropped versions better...

haha too funny! And by the way - yours daughter's are so pretty! Good luck with that! LOL

Most reactions

Back