TPF Noob!
Reaction score
dsc_1487.jpg

dsc_2539e.jpg

dsc_2555.jpg

dsc_2558.jpg

dsc_2564.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks guys. Funny, #1 didn't cost me any effort (just point & shoot), that's why I don't like it too much ;). It'll try it in b/w some day.

BTW, I bumped saturation in the camera on last three shots. Do you think it worked?

Yes, the deeply saturated autumn colours in the last three do work for me, and that perfect vanishing point in 1 does so almost even more! That is ever so good!

(Someone will eventually have to rake that lawn ... glad it's not going to be me! ;))

What episode of Star Trek is the no. 1 pic from...? ;–P
Even more wide angle would've further increased the impact, imo.

The saturation in the other pix works.

W.Smith said:
Even more wide angle would've further increased the impact, imo.
I used the widest I have, 18mm x 1.5.

Thank you all again for the comments. This is what I learned here: until my best pictures are of cool places, I'm not a good photographer ;)

mitake said:
Thank you all again for the comments. This is what I learned here: until my best pictures are of cool places, I'm not a good photographer ;-)

I would have to disagree (I'm sorry)... If you compose the picture well... you could make that dog house in your back lawn look amazing. It would be hard to do but it is possible. For example, the way you composed that first shot is amazing... The photo just jumps out at you... but as far as the other ones are conserned... They don't lead your eye to a specific place. Your eye doesn't know what the photographer was wanting to have the viewer look at... From my expierence (which is not much), a good photograph has one thing that you are focusing on and everything around that object adds to that focus point not compete with it. It you were to take #4. and try to imagine that place without the highway or cars or buildings, the bushes on the right kind of lead you eye to what might be a valley where the highway stands now... but this is all my humble opinion in which I should not be talking because I can't take good pictures anyways so if you want you can completely disregard this post... Thanks.

Chris, thanks for your comments! They do make a lot of sense to me. Re. #4 the idea was to have two curves, one formed by bushes, and another one by the road. I agree it didn't work well.

OTOH, I don't agree with your "I can't take good pictures"... I'm sure everyone here has pictures they are proud of... no matter if others like them :mrgreen:

skylark, thanks for taking your time to edit that picture. I think it does need a bit of colour...

Most reactions

Back