Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these in an afternoon hike around a cattle ranch. c&c welcome. enjoy

3043591413_988cd43b4e_o.jpg

3043591363_eb8db9b491_o.jpg

3044427376_9515c94f30_o.jpg

3044427330_a6d082a7fc_o.jpg

2 is interesting, but 3 is a really eye catcher! Great exposure and colours and a good composition - though I am tempted to suggest cropping off a bit of the top section since the other cows head sneaking in is more distarcting than adding to the image.
Also great use of focusing on the mantis - with the tilt of his head and that one spot of an eye it looks like he is give your a funny look :)

Out of interste what lens(es) are you using for these shots?

the lense was just the standard Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM. It came with the Canon 40D package. I found the praying mantis running across the cement, I put him in the plant to get those shots, he wasnt very cooperative lol
here's the crop you suggested, I think you nailed it. Thanks
3047666306_c1a2339cf9_o.jpg

That second shot is wonderful! So good!

Thank you! I thought it was interesting. I've been curiouse what other people think.

Not digging the first shot. It gives me the willies, thats for sure, but I think it suffers from a lack of sharpness.

I love the mantis shot. Colours are good and as said, the tilt in its head and the DOP are great. Almost like you were posing it for a studio portrait.

"Ok Mr. Mantis, move your chin up a bit, look to the left...thats good..."

Not digging the first shot. It gives me the willies, thats for sure, but I think it suffers from a lack of sharpness.

I love the mantis shot. Colours are good and as said, the tilt in its head and the DOP are great. Almost like you were posing it for a studio portrait.

"Ok Mr. Mantis, move your chin up a bit, look to the left...thats good..."

haha in a way i was posing him i guess. thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back