Out On The Street.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
My second attempt at going out on the streets, here's my first attempt: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122611).

Got a little closer this time, a little more confident. Sometimes i was in the zone, sometimes i wasn't. I'm using an old FED-4 and as i wear glasses it's difficult to get close enough to see through the viewfinder properly so a lot were guestimates, framing and focus wise (although i was using f11 and f16). Not many pics as mt FED decided it was hungry and chewed up my film half way through.

1. One more smoke before i sing some Bob Marley!
fed2-1.jpg

2. She said she'd only be 5 minutes!
fed2-3.jpg

3. Sorry, Married.. It'll make you lose your head.
fed2-5.jpg

4. Meh, I hate the youth of today!
fed2-6.jpg

5. Photography!!!
fed2-4.jpg

6. New & Old.
fed2-2.jpg

7. One for you perhaps, Madam?
fed2-7.jpg

8. double exposure, pretty weird as this happened in the middle, frames before and after were fine, one of the exposures you see is my foot which i took last.. messed up i tell you.
fed2-8.jpg

Personal favourite is number 7, a homeless guy selling The Big Issue.

C&C always appreciated..

Kev.

it feels like you were shooting from the hip or something to avoid being spotted. they're decent, but thats something that sort of gives them a wierd feeling to them

Yeah viewfinders useless with my glasses, i can't get close enough to make it usuable. Used it for a few of the shots though (1, 2 i think, 5 and 6).

Love number 5 , cool mural and the grain from the film is wicked.

I agree with Shorty, the 'from the hip' feel they have detracts a bit. I find when in a situation like that, try to be bold and just take the picture you want quickly and move on. It almost looks like 2 of the boys in number 4 noticed you were taking a picture; had you just taken the photo from eye level I bet they'd have paid no attention. Though I could be way off.

JC

Thanks for the comments. Yeah i'm going to buy a 50mm prime for the SLR and just use that from now on. The FED's viewfinder just doesn't work for me with glasses hence why i didn't even bother to bring the camera right up to face level at times.

Just a couple more i thought i'd post, since that's the rest of the savable exposures.

fed2-9.jpg

fed2-10.jpg

looks like the lens needs a good clean, smudging highlights.

I like the one with the indians in the band. The gentleman with his head in his hands in the background look so entertained. no 7 in the first group is nice but again(sorry) would have been better without the shot from the hip feel. And the first one would maybe have been better from a different angle. little bit more of his expression. But as we have both said before getting close enough to get these shot is the hardest part

Thanks Tim. I know what everyone's saying about shooting from the hip.. i'll refrain from doing that next time! The guy in the first pic seen me set up the shot and swiftly turned away.. don't think he was too bothered otherwise he would have said something so i took the shot anyway and kept an eye on him as i walked away just in case he looked, i could have acknowledged him with a thanks you at least.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back