Outdoor photoshoot of a friend

dinucringuri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Only had one flash, no modifiers. The photoshoot took 45 minutes. Went for an instagram, modern feel with the post processing.
Looking for some c&c. Thanks :)

$1.jpg

$2.jpg

$3.jpg

$4.jpg

$5.jpg

$6.jpg

$7.jpg

$8.jpg

$9.jpg

I like #5 most of all. I think because it looks less contrived and my attention isn't taken by an 'effect'
#6 has some perspective distortion, her head and torso look small and her legs too large.
#7 is a nice moody shot but her arm and legs are way brighter than her face, she has a large blown out spot on her neck and her left hand appears out of nowhere.
These are a nice start and she is a nice model.
Good, pleasing face and nicely trim.
Get her to ditch the fake smile in #2 and sometimes engage the camera.

efoXz4.jpg

^^ exactly what he said.

I think #6, the shot of her leaning against the tree at dusk, is outstanding. #5 is not too bad either. These do have an offbeat vibe and a somewhat strange assortment of unusual technical values, but they DO have a visual impression stamped on them.

I love number 2. I don't find the smile fake, more wondering what is outside the shot that she is smiling at. Also love the tree shot. The sunnies ruined number 4 in my opinion, and the edge blur on the last one?? I'm not a fan as it seems really old fashioned and that contrasts with the modern, edgy vibe you were aiming for.

I like 5 and also think 8 could work well without the red vignette effect - converted to b&w:

$8.jpg

Last edited:
Won't be critical as only viewing on a tablet but looks like you have something worth working on. Keep it up.

big fan of 6 despite the leg distortion. the rest are just too contrived.

I like #2, #5, and #6. I'd crop #2 (so it was portrait mode and you didn't have this big ball of fire that drew the viewer's gaze rather than your friend). But I love the backlighting.

Just a couple of hints: a couple of shots you've hot spots and blowout highlights on her face--take a step (or two or three) back if you're using the speed light or the popup on her. Also, try using a reflector. She's backlight in a number of shots--take some of that golden glowing sun and bounce it off her. Even if you can't afford to buy one, wear a white T-shirt to the next shoot. Or get a piece of white cardboard. Or look for a car dashboard cover that is white or light-colored.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back