Outdoor Portrait

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
This is a shot from a recent senior portrait session. Strictly available light... 100mm lens. Critique invited.

Thanks!
-Pete

kelsey.jpg

Good use of DoF, rich color, and great composition also. I would try lifting up (or pulling back) the branch that is right behind her head, so that it doesn't look like its shooting through her. Or try from a slightly different angle to get the branch away from her head more. Maybe zoom in a little closer too - if you want her to stand out more and be more of the subject... My thoughts anyway.

I agree, and another little point....its darn near an upskirt shot. May not be ideal to see underwear in senior portrait. LOL

Derrick

The tree branch doesn't bother me too much, but I agree that it would probably be a better shot without the branch. I also agree with Montana, maybe I'm a dirty old man, but my eye immediately went to see what was 'up skirt'.
Composition is a bit loose in this ratio...but it would look good in a 4:5.

Other than that, I like the narrow DOF and the light that is falling on her.

I also agree with Montana, maybe I'm a dirty old man, but my eye immediately went to see what was 'up skirt'.

Evidently you don't have a teenage daughter. After raising two, my mind just doesn't "go there" any more.

Composition is a bit loose in this ratio...but it would look good in a 4:5.

I'm glad you noticed! I'm always anticipating the 8x10's in the order. I wonder when they'll go away like the 4x5s.

Thanks for your thoughts, Mike!

-Pete

Looks great Pete. Your work always gives me something to work towards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back