Outdoor shot looking for C&C

kassad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a shot I took 2 years ago. I plan on retaking this shot this summer. Does anyone have advice on what do do different next time.
I plan on trying to get some shots early morning. This shot was taken late afternoon. I like the effect of the light on the leaves on the left side of the shot. Though I think with the low angle light from behind me might bring out the bridge more.

Any advice?

DSC00722.jpg

Hello Kassad

What is the element in this shot you are trying to capture? Bridge or forest or both. I know this is a view on the screen, but it does not seem in focus.

Concentrate on focusing...maybe focus on the bridge with some shots and then on the lighting of the leaves in other shots.

I would say this is a average photo. Figure different angles and lighting, understanding what you are trying to capture as you shoot.

Good luck and let us see the difference.

Composition entirely depends on your style, but you basically just want to have a reason for why you chose a certain shot. The following isn't what you should definitely do, but a couple things I might try:
-Turn the camera 90 degress and take a few steps back (make sure the whole bridge can still be seen), the trees are very tall and the water is interesting, so fitting more of each into the frame could help a lot. Maybe try to fit the entire first tree to the right of the creek in the frame (the more full trees you see, the less it looks like a snapshot, and the more it looks like a carefully thought out composition).
-Try centering the bridge vertically within the frame, it is obviously the main subject, and could be used to draw the eye to center before going up to the trees or down to the water.
-Create something interesting within the photo (a slick wet stone up close with this composition in the background or similar)
-Shoot from the other side. Most of the time you want the sun behind you, and it looks like the other side of the bridge is being lit up nicely. Could be much more interesting.

A cool picture though, just may need something to make it interesting.
Just some thoughts. Good luck

I think the picture would be greatly improved if you included a subject in the foreground (like a rock) so that viewers get a better sense of depth. It seems rather flat right now.

Yea... I would say focal point would be left side of bridge, would be nice to have most sunlit rock in focus. Other thing ide like to add is the trees look great but I feel like too many trees are cut off at top, mabe try portrait shot (wouldnt want to take too much of open water out though) or backing it up a bit. Just tryin to be there :).

Thanks for the input. I really want the bridge to be the focus. Any tips on how to get the bridge to stand out more?

I'm no expert but it seems the bridge would stand out more if you were on the opposite side where the sun is hitting it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back