Foga

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freddyoropeza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

Here's a portrait I took of a friend of mine, while on a mountain biking trip.

MG_7484-Edit.jpg

There's more info about the equipment used and how I shot it at the following link.

Outdoors Man | Freddy Oropeza

Picture a wonderful soft light and beautiful

Frankly, but the configuration is not balanced

It is the most beautiful benefit from the rear view more

Photo poser: Is late in the afternoon, sunset is behind the mountains all ready, and yes it does look like a backdrop, not necessarily what I intended, but is part of shooting and practicing.

Darreen P: I agree, had no edge light going on, nor a reflective surface to bounce from. Next time ;)

Ghaith: not quite sure what you mean, I think you're having a better exposure for the background so we could see more of it.
I happened to underexpose the background a bit to much, so the blacks got quite crushed, and if I try and bring them up in post it gets a bit noisy.

Thanks for your input, all comments are valid, and definitely something to look forward too next time I shoot something similar.

Thanks!

That is awesome! lighting, pose, colors all look on the mark. Great job.

The background bothers me. It looks like he was masked into it. The lighting is nice though and the capture of him specifically is nice.

You pack your AB'S while mountain biking? Your crazy. I would't have believed it to be true till I saw your set up group shot. I would have liked to have seen something more 3/4 to avoid the masking look. He looks good though.

You pack your AB'S while mountain biking? Your crazy.

I think it was close by the car somewhere. They are all wearing sneakers in that set up shot. That would just be crazy to drag a AB1600 and VBII all over the single track. ;)

Looked good on openphotograhpy forums and looks good here!

it almost looks as if this was taken in a studio with a backdrop! you had me fooled . . . :scratch:

Thanks everyone, I'm still playing around trying to figure out the right balance of ambient, strobe and aperture, to avoid the wall paper backdrop look.
And yes, we were camping next to the location where we shot it, I think you would have to be a tri athlete to even begin to think to carry that stuff on the single track ;)
All though the top of that rock was pretty high, and I was quite winded by the time I was done hauling that stuff up there.

I think that something in the middle distance would help with the "backdrop" effect. You have the lit subject (good looking guy), then nothing, then the distant mountains which are not as well lit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back