Over The Rail

The Positive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I haven't seen too much of this type of picture, but well its a big theme of mine, among other things. Either way, I generally would like to know if there are any comments that could help enhance this photo. I've thought of motion blurs, but what else could I try?

1444451.jpg

it's a well captured shot. i do a lot of rollerblading photography myself.

you should rotate it though as it's a bit wonky. with regards to effects, i don't think motion blur would work too well as it's a front on shot and not side. try it in BW?

i do alot of bmx photography, and one thing ive learned is that the lower you are to the ground, the cooler the picture looks*usually* from this view it looks as if his back right wheel is going to clip the rail. being closer to the ground will not only clear that up, but make it looks like hes higher than he actually is :D but the toss up is that alot of times you may have to back up a foot or two to see more of him and less of whats under him... its kind of a tossup... sweet pic tho

I like the wonky angle, infact i think it would look even better more wonky, and also if the shot was taken lower down as 303villian said

For me it is as it stands to busy, to many distracting elements. One idea you could try is to dublicate the layer blur it with radial blur set on zoom, then reduce the opacity so the underlying layer shows through, then with the erazer tool bring back the skater, this has worked for me on many pics. Ernie

hmm sory but I may be too harsh here :p the guy is blurred, try faster speed to freez it and open the apperture. I don't know what you used to take the pic... a point and shoot compact cam or something advanced with manual settings. Also try to get closer or use a zoom. and also it is tilted... if you plan to do this kind of angle do it more... exaclty 45 degrees - a diagonal angle... or completely straight. Also you should pay attention to the background. It is too distractive and I'd rather see it blurred. Just play more iwth your cam and this kind of pictures :)

sorry if it sounds to harsh but after all,... it's a critique section and I hope you postetd the pic to get some kind of advice how to take it better :)

I would have blurred the backgroun dif I could but unfortunately, I only ha d adigital camera with me at the moment....kinda tough tto do that with the one I have. I can't change the shutter speed either :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back