Over, under and even from the side

stk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My plan was to capture the sun rise above the mountains, but the sun did not raise in time. Next time I'll be there at the right time, and maybe bring an ND filter to smooth out the water.
DSC_6922.jpg
DSC_6983.jpg DSC_6931-Edit-Edit.jpg
I'm not really satisfied with the under and from the side photos, but I added them as I have a question about them. What is the reason for the fringing/artifacts around the poles against the mountains? I have not done any local adjustments there.

Not sure which picture you are referring to. Some of the "fringing" appears to be from the light in the sky in the "from the side" image. Often "fringing" results from over sharpening or is an artifact of some other aspect of the processing such as the overuse of Clarity. It can also result from over exposure and can also depend on the type of camera you use and the sensor that it has. Since I don't know how you took these images, camera, exposure, etc., or how you processed them, it is difficult to say.

You might check this article to see if it helps explain what you have - Colour fringing explained - Photo Review .

This is another one to check as it deals with sharpening halos - Avoiding Image Halos .

Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back