Overdone and Cliche Shots

I wonder if Derrel would kill me if I said portraits in portrait orientation were cliche. :lol:

Cmon, 8 pages and no one else said it? I barely even post here :D

Well, considering that the vast majority of portraits shot horizontally are amateurish and usually have other issues too, what would you suggest? Not shooting portraits period, possibly? :)

Not shooting photos... the biggest photography related anti-cliche of all!.. :D Now we are da h1p.

Ok.. back to Macrame again! lol! (see my previous posts for meaning! ;) )

Well, considering that the vast majority of portraits shot horizontally are amateurish and usually have other issues too, what would you suggest? Not shooting portraits period, possibly? :)

Not shooting photos... the biggest photography related anti-cliche of all!.. :D Now we are da h1p.

Ok.. back to Macrame again! lol! (see my previous posts for meaning! ;) )

Haha.. I will allow you to return to macrame, as long as you make me a nice selective color macrame... of a portrait of Bill Clinton in landscape orientation.

Ok that's enough highjacking. Apologies everyone! Carry on now.

If you really must do a cliche shot...just take the shot and check it off your bucket list. Never have to do it again.
Cliche shot? Just look at the wall of any big portrait studio company.
Horrible cliche? Maternity shots with the mom using hands to make a heart on the belly *gag*

Ok I'm guilty of taking some cliche shots. Here are some:

Moon:

moondk.jpg

Out a plane window:

planeh.jpg

Somebody mentioned taking pics of hydro or power stations:

hydroxe.jpg

How about another cliche? Taking photos of people taking photos? :)

picturesofpeopletakingp.jpg

I don't know if this counts.. But I hate when someone is taking a random picture and some ham ALWAYS sees the camera and has to pose for the photo op.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as insensitive, but I'm about over the freedom lights photos (that's the correct name, no?). Seriously, did you think that you were the only one who thought it a good idea to shoot a panorama of that skyline?

Most reactions

Back