Overexposed?

I dont think the changing of the font is necessary, and the thin fonts make it hard to read on the busy background.

I understand why she did it, but it looks like its for a baby shower or something. I am sure people will eat it up, but it sure aint my style, and I know there isnt anything that can be done about that.

So even though everyone said it was overexposed, you actually put a white layer on top to make it even more bright?

Why don't you read what went down before jumping in with your two cents??

ugh... i feel like giving up...

So even though everyone said it was overexposed, you actually put a white layer on top to make it even more bright?

Why don't you read what went down before jumping in with your two cents??

ugh... i feel like giving up...
I didnt feel like reading 8 pages of nonsense.

And actually, I did read most of it, but everyone was so busy swinging their dick around nothing really notable stood out.

I dont think the changing of the font is necessary, and the thin fonts make it hard to read on the busy background.

I understand why she did it, but it looks like its for a baby shower or something. I am sure people will eat it up, but it sure aint my style, and I know there isnt anything that can be done about that.

Nope. this is a children's party.

Just make sure to avoid the Jesus Juice.

Question: Why are you even here? I mean what have you contributed to this thread other than your snarky and pompous little remarks? In fact... I have never seen anything of value come out next to your name. Do you get kicks on trolling around these forums with your little "witty" and useless remarks? I guess it's because you think you are the end-all be-all in photography. I'd humor you and give you a pat on the back if you were here... but i'm guessing you do that to yourself every night.

That's not all he does to himself every night! :sexywink:

Also I've seen lots of helpful posts from Bitter, along with humorous remarks that literally make me lol.

Need I say more?

Remember, I pointed out the horrible bokeh. You blew it off, cuz you don't care.

You might want to keep that in mind though, that that lens in combination with numerous points of light, like whats coming through the trees, is not a good choice. That is, if you want top notch quality pics. You made it clear earlier, that you are not concerned with it, so.....

That you don't see me ever being helpful is testominy to the selfserving manner that you use these forums. Even going so far as asking that a subject that was discussed VERY well, that was very good information, you asked for cliff notes because you can't bother to read it.

Just make sure to avoid the Jesus Juice.

LOL... I don't think there will be a problem with that...

Question: Why are you even here? I mean what have you contributed to this thread other than your snarky and pompous little remarks? In fact... I have never seen anything of value come out next to your name. Do you get kicks on trolling around these forums with your little "witty" and useless remarks? I guess it's because you think you are the end-all be-all in photography. I'd humor you and give you a pat on the back if you were here... but i'm guessing you do that to yourself every night.

That's not all he does to himself every night! :sexywink:

Also I've seen lots of helpful posts from Bitter, along with humorous remarks that literally make me lol.

Need I say more?

Remember, I pointed out the horrible bokeh. You blew it off, cuz you don't care.

You might want to keep that in mind though, that that lens in combination with numerous points of light, like whats coming through the trees, is not a good choice. That is, if you want top notch quality pics. You made it clear earlier, that you are not concerned with it, so.....

That you don't see me ever being helpful is testominy to the selfserving manner that you use these forums. Even going so far as asking that a subject that was discussed VERY well, that was very good information, you asked for cliff notes because you can't bother to read it.

Oh really? So I didn't ask you for further details on what you were thinking since once again.. you just made a statement without explaining or being CONSTRUCTIVE on what can be done about it?
OK...the bokeh isn't good. But to set up and reshoot because of it? NO... i'm not "concerned" with it.

is this better? Added a white layer at 31% opacity between the text and pictures

No. You made it more over exposed. And your font choice is still awful. There's too much **** going on. Plain and simple.

Too bad because Kundalini is a very valuable source of knowledge and always willing to help with lighting and well every simple question. I didn't find anything in this thread he said too harsh. But your not going to hurt his feelings any with your grand farewell. One less person who thinks they know it all to ask him simple questions. I find it highly peculiar that your running a business, and asking basic beginner questions every week. You do have some talent Sabrina and are capable of producing some nice shots but you need to lose the pretentiousness when your asking for others opinions. Write me off too if you will either way doesn't hurt my feelings.

What? I didn't write kundalini off... hes the one who said "now im done with you" so I am saying au revoir....
Why is it so bad that a business owner asks some questions? I guess that business owners should never ask for the opinion of others and that people should know absolutely EVERYTHING they need to know about their craft before going into business? Please. I am ALWAYS willing to learn and grow and having a business you learn and grow along the way. I just post in the beginners forum because this IS the catch all section for everything. Im not sure why many of you are saying im not open...if you actually took the time to READ what went on in this thread you would SEE that i was open to people's suggestions until someone was rude and told me my photos were "rejects".

Listen, don't assume anything. It just makes you and me look like an ass. I did read the whole thread, found most of what I would have said already said by others so no need to beat a dead horse. I chose not to reply till you so fondly said goodbye to Kundalini and I believe the reason Kundalini said au revoir is because you seem utterly unreceptive to absolutely every good suggestion he or anyone else had here. Take the good with the bad and try to grow up a little. You sound like an angry little girl in your tone of communication and that makes the rest of us want to put you on permanent ignore. Now I'm not sure if that's your intention or not and I'm trying really hard not to be a ***** about it. You asked opinions in an OPEN beginners forum, if you really want advice for your business this is not the spot for it. For what its worth the people with actual business knowledge do happen to troll the professionals section.

I think there were valid critiques for your shots posted. If you were working for an ad company and they didnt agree with your vision you would have to reshoot it plain and simple. The majority of people here didn't think the shots cut it. Plain and simple. So if someone tells you the ad campaign you just shot sucks and to bin it, guess what you bin it. I sold advertising for three years and its a hard pill to swallow but you do it. Putting something personal into your art form such as photography leaves you open to be hurt like that. Try not to see it that way. Try again. You can again take what I have said into consideration or you can ignore it. Your choice again.

This thread is like picking a scab. You know you shouldn't, but.......................

First off, thanks Dee.

Secondly to Sabrina. I believe the miscomminication between us has been my fault. You see, I have been in the design and drafting field for 35 years or so. My drafting instructor made a statement one day in class that was probably a repeat of every class he held for the past X years and said while on auto-pilot. However, it was extremely profound to me. His words were "drafting is a language that needed to be spoken to people that do not speak the language". Meaning it is my responsibility to make the information so apparently elemental that there is absolutely no ambiguity, all information has been shown. I have run the gamut of industry and disciplines. I have dealt with every possible character trait. In all these years since, that has been my benchmark. My second enlightenment came on a job where I had become slightly complacent because I knew the in's and out's of every facet of the job and my personal life had its turmoils at the time. I wasn't living up to my own expectations. His words directed at me were "good isn't good enough". Along with my drafting instructor, those were the two most sagacious statements to my personal dogma and professional career.

Lastly, with that being said, it is obvious we are working on two distinct dimensions, and this is where the miscommunication began I'm afraid. In my normal stride, I could reach the bar you have set quite easily. In order for you to reach the expectations I have for what is considered acceptable in my world, you would need to be shot out of a canon to reach them.

:lol:

Holy @ssmonkeys with cheese!

This thread is fscking AWESOME.

I'm laughing my @#$)@(#$) @ss off.

mcwfarms... I have an even greater respect for you than I have had previously. You managed to size up the whole thread and situation with more maturity and patience than many of us could muster.

K... I have an even greater respect for you than I have had previously. That's quite a background, and that's an amazing way to think of "the craft" (if you will).

SabrinaO... you're ridiculous. :lol:

Hey! I said mcwfarms was being more mature than me, right? RIGHT?!?!

Ok back to watching... :lol:

Hi,

I saw your poster and I'm not quite sure I know what is going on. Is it just a tea party and you will sell candids of the kids? Are you selling tea cups and tea pots? You mentioned it was for children, is it possible to shoot sample photos with children? Just photographing the props just doesn't seem to work. I think if you show the parents how the props can be used it would be much more effective. You can offer free pictures in exchange for models if you don't have the budget. I would also suggest, if you can, hire a graphic designer for your ads. There are several things wrong with it design wise that a professional will know to avoid. The props are cute, a lot like the props from The Picture People here in my area. But parents don't want pictures of props, they want pictures of their kids. If you can show them how the props work I think your event will be more successful. It's all a marketing game sometimes.

Most reactions

Back